Celebrate Mother’s Day 2018 with some of these special Charlotte-area freebies and deals. Make sure to follow each link to learn the details, such as locations and times. This list will grow as more freebies are added throughout the week, so make sure to bookmark it. If you’re not doing this already, you can subscribe to Charlotte on the Cheap’s daily emails (just one a day), and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
More good stuff: Mother’s Day gifts from Groupon.
You might also be interested in:
- Free things to do this week
- The Calendar of Charlotte Events
- Charlotte live music calendar
- Outdoor movies
- Outdoor Concert Series
- Upcoming free and cheap for kids to do
Mother’s Day food and drink deals around Charlotte
- Flying Saucer: Bring Mom to Flying Saucer, 9605 N. Tryon, any time on Sunday and her first beer’s on them. They open at 11 a.m.
- Tijuana Flats: Moms get a free entrée at all participating Tijuana Flats on Mother’s Day. Chips and salsa included.
- Pie: Treat Mom to the Mother’s Day buffet at Shoney’s and she’ll get a free slice of strawberry pie.
- Parliament Espresso & Coffee Bar: Free small drip or iced coffee for moms Saturday, May 12th, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Parliament is at 300 S. Tryon Street
- Frozen Yogurt: Participating TCBY locations are giving moms up to 6 ounces of frozen yogurt for free on Mother’s Day. See store for details. Find your closest TCBY.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House: Moms who dine here on Sunday, May 13th, get a $25 gift card to use at a future visit.
- Free box of chocolate at First Watch: Moms who dine at First Watch,1643 Matthews Township Pkwy
Matthews, on Sunday, May 13th, get a free box of chocolates.
Mother’s Day Events
- Gardens: Moms get into Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens for free Saturday and Sunday. The first 250 moms get a free potted plant.
- Art: Moms get into the Bechtler Museum of Art for free Saturday and Sunday. Plus get 20% off items at the Museum Store all weekend.
- Jumping: Moms jump for free at Sky Zone Charlotte on Sunday.
- More art (and a movie): Bring your mom to the Gantt Center for African-American Arts+Culture, and you both get in free. At 2 p.m., watch The Classic Black Cinema Series – Ava and Gabriel: A Love Story.
- Queen City Mother’s Day Festival: Saturday, May 12th, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., at Carole Hoefener Center, 615 E. Street. Vendors, free makeovers, free bounce house for the kids, free swag bags for the first 100 guests.
- Bass Pro Shops: Get a free 4×6 photo with Mom on Saturday, May 12, or Sunday, May 13, at Bass Pro Shops or Cabela’s. On Sunday, the first 100 moms to get their picture taken get a free gift.
- The Pit Indoor Karting: Moms race for free on Sunday, May 13th at this facility in Mooresville. One free race (when accompanied by a paying kid) and then half-price races the rest of the day.
- Sip ‘n’ Shop: 7th Street Public Market is holding a Mother’s Day Sip ‘n’ Shop Friday, May 11th, 2018, from 4:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Browse for gifts from many local vendors. The first 100 guests get a free glass of sparkling wine.
- Climb Out of The Darkness: Maternal Mental Health Awareness Walk: Saturday, May 12th, 10 a.m. at Freedom Park. Join in a one-mile walk to honor mothers who have struggled with postpartum depression. There will be giveaways and children’s activities too.