There are plenty of ways to celebrate Mother’s Day in Charlotte in 2022!
After our list of ideas for celebrating, we have a list of Mother’s Day freebies and discounts, many (but not all) at restaurants. And after that we have a big list of all the events that are on our calendar for Friday, May 7th, through Sunday, May 9th.Subscribe to Charlotte on the Cheap
Mother’s Day Gifts, Meals and Celebrations
Order Mother’s Day brunch from a Charlotte restaurant
We’ve put together a list of places in the Charlotte area for Mother’s Day Brunch. We’ve included both dine-in and take-home options.
Go ice skating
Moms skate for free at Extreme Ice Center on Mother’s Day. The free admission is for moms on May 8th, from 2 to 4:30 p.m., with the purchase of youth admission. Extreme Ice Center is at 4705 Indian Trail-Fairview Road, Indian Trail, NC.
Go on a hike
Get out and enjoy one of our beautiful greenways, parks or nature preserves. Not sure where to start? Here’s a list of more than 50 hikes and walks near Charlotte.
Enjoy a free outdoor concert
The Charlotte area boasts a huge number and variety of free outdoor concerts, and Mother’s Day Weekend is no exception. This weekend there are free concerts at the U.S. National Whitewater Center, Stonecrest at Piper Glen, Rotary Centennial Pavilion in Gastonia, Davidson, Patriots Park in Kings Mountain, and more. Check out the whole list of free outdoor concerts around Charlotte.
Take a walk in a garden
Visit one of these Charlotte area botanical gardens. There are 8 on the list to choose from and all are wonderful. If you go to Stowe Botanical Garden on Mother’s Day Weekend (Saturday, May 7th, and Sunday, May 8th) moms get in for free, and the first 250 moms each day get a free potted plant.
Also, Historic Rosedale is hosting Mothers and Others Day Afternoon in the Gardens on May 8th from 2 to 5 p.m. Admission and parking is free. This is the perfect time to see the spring gardens in full bloom and to take a Mother’s Day picture.
Go to Carowinds (with a discount)
Take Mom to Carowinds, but make sure to get the best deal possible! We have a great Carowinds discount here!
Buy Local Chocolate
Treat your mom to some excellent chocolate from one of these Charlotte area chocolate makers.
Buy a museum membership
Buy your mom a membership to one of Charlotte’s great museums, so that she can visit as much as she’d like.
Bechtler Museum is offering 20% off memberships from May 5th to 8th, 2022. Use promo code MOMSDAY22. In addition, all items in the Museum Store will be discounted 20% those same days.
Here are the links to join some Charlotte museums:
- Bechtler Museum of Modern Art
- Mint Museum of Art
- Charlotte Museum of History
- Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts+Culture
Dine at a lavender farm
Dallas Lavender Lane Farm is a farm in Gaston County that features lavender. It’s a great place to visit, with plenty of friendly farm animals and a farm shop, where you can buy lavender products. For Mother’s Day, Dallas Lavender Lane wants you to share a meal with Mom in a special environment. For $25 you can rent a table next to the lavender field with a table cloth, candles and flower arrangement. The cost is $25 per table. Bring your own picnic. Lavender desserts are also available for purchase. To reserve a table, call 704-240-0906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take a Pilates class
Club Pilates is leading a FREE Pilates Mat class for Mother’s Day! It will take place on Sunday, May 8th, 2022, at 9:30 a.m. It will be in the Promenade Green space in the middle of the Promenade on Providence shopping center, 10822 Providence Road, Charlotte. Register by calling 980-272-4814. Space may be limited.
Shop for discounts
If you can’t find what you want locally, shop Groupon for flowers and other gifts. Make sure to look at the top of the page to see if there’s an extra discount.Subscribe to Charlotte on the Cheap
Mother’s Day Freebies and Deals
- TCBY: Moms get 6 ounces of free frozen yogurt at participating TCBY stores.
- Massage Envy: Buy one facial and get a second one free. The offer applies only to 60-minute Customized Facial sessions and must be purchased by May 8th, 2022 at a non-member, non-intro rate.
- Magpies: Moms get a FREE sweet hand pie on Saturday, May 7th, 2022, at the three farmers’ markets where Magpies will be. Uptown Farmers’ Market (starting at 8 a.m.), Davidson Farmers’ Market (starting at 9 a.m.), and Matthews Community Farmers’ Market (starting at 8 a.m.) Choices are strawberry rhubarb, blueberry lemon and chocolate hazelnut. No purchase necessary. Just tell them that you’re a mom and the hand pie is yours. While supplies last.
- PDQ: On May 8th, moms get a free meal with the purchase of any kids’ or adult meal.
- Extreme Ice Center: Moms skate for free at Extreme Ice Center on Mother’s Day. The free admission is for moms on May 8th, from 2 to 4:30 p.m., with the purchase of youth admission. Extreme Ice Center is at 4705 Indian Trail-Fairview Road, Indian Trail, NC.
- Edible Arrangements: Through May 6th, select platters are 20% off for pick-up only. Use promo code PICKUP20.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill: Every Sunday, including Mother’s Day, kids 12 and under eat for free at all Moe’s Southwest Grill locations. Limit one free kids’ meal with the purchase of an adult entrée.
Things to do Mother’s Day Weekend
Friday, May 6, 2022
Saturday, May 7, 2022
Sunday, May 8, 2022