Learn about all the festivals that the U.S. National Whitewater Center is holding in 2020.
The U.S. National Whitewater Center, 5000 Whitewater Center Parkway, presents many festivals throughout the year. The festivals always include yoga, as well as other elements, like trail races and different competitions. Whether you want to challenge yourself physically, or just relax, there are a wide variety of festivals for you to enjoy throughout the year.
As with all live music at the USNWC, the festivals are free, but there will be a cost to participate in races or competitions. Parking is $6. Other land and water activities at the Whitewater Center will be available at regular price. You can’t bring your own food or drinks into the Whitewater Center.
Here’s a list of the festivals that the U.S. National Whitewater Center hosts, month by month, with the highlights of each. Follow the links, if available, for the exact dates and details.
In addition to the festivals, there’s live music on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday throughout the season at River Jam, the Whitewater Film Series in the spring and fall, Friday night Clinics, Thursday night River Jam Run on the trails, Open Water Swim on the Catawba River, 9 weekly yoga practices, and much more. All of these activities are free and seasonal.
Green River Revival
March 14, 2020
Green River Revival always takes place on a Saturday around St. Patrick’s Day.
Highlights of Green River Revival:
- Color Me Green 5K Trail Run, where green dye is thrown at runners
- Live music
- The river is dyed Shamrock green
April 24-26, 2020
Tuck Fest is the Whitewater Center’s signature music festival.
Highlights of Tuck Fest:
- The nation’s largest outdoor sports and music festival
- 3 days of performances by high profile nationally and internationally touring bands
- Interactive Vendor Village with local and national outdoor brands
- Demos by outdoor outfitters
- An extensive list of races, competitions and obstacle courses for adults, kids and families
- $15,000 cash purse for the Deep Water Solo climbing competition
- In past years it’s featured performances like bicycle stunt shows, slackline exhibits, and dock jumping competitions for dogs
Memorial Day Celebration
May 24, 2020
Memorial Day Weekend, with the main event for the festival on Sunday.
Highlights of the Memorial Day Celebration:
- Live music
- Memorial Day Trail Race 5mi & 8mi
Details to be announced soon
4th of July Celebration
July 3-4, 2020
Taking place over two days, the Whitewater Center’s 4th of July Celebration is one of the most popular ways to celebrate the holiday in Charlotte.
Highlights of the 4th of July Celebration:
- Live music
- Fireworks both nights
- Battle Royale Stand-Up Paddle Board Sprint race
Labor Day Celebration
September 5th and 6th, 2020
The Labor Day Celebration features trail races and live music on Saturday, and the Dry Tri, live music and fireworks on Sunday.
Highlights of the Labor Day Celebration:
- Live music
- 5k and 15K Trail Race
- Dry Tri (Paddle, bike and run)
September 19th and 20th, 2020
2020 marks the third year for Flow Fest, which celebrates wellness and mindfulness in a natural, outdoor setting. It features a huge variety of yoga practices, as well as wine and kombucha sampling.
Build Your Own Boat
October 3rd, 2020
In the Whitewater Center’s Build-Your-Own-Boat (BYOB) Competition participants create their own river-worthy vessels and put them to the test with a trip down the whitewater competition channel. The festival also features cider sampling and the Scrambler Obstacle Trail Race.
Photos by U.S. National Whitewater CenterSubscribe to Charlotte on the Cheap