Learn about all the festivals that the U.S. National Whitewater Center is holding in 2023.
The U.S. National Whitewater Center, 5000 Whitewater Center Parkway, Charlotte, NC, presents many festivals throughout the year. The festivals always include yoga, as well as other elements, like trail races and different competitions. Whether you want to challenge yourself physically, or just relax, there are a wide variety of festivals for you to enjoy throughout the year.
As with all live music at the USNWC, the festivals are free, but there will be a cost to participate in races or competitions. Parking is $6. Other land and water activities at the Whitewater Center will be available at regular price. You can’t bring your own food or drinks into the Whitewater Center.
Here’s a list of the festivals that the U.S. National Whitewater Center is hosting in 2023, month by month, with the highlights of each. Follow the links, if available, for the details.
In addition to the festivals, there’s live music on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from spring to fall at River Jam, the Whitewater Film Series in the spring, multiple weekly yoga practices, and more. These activities are free.
Dog Days of Winter
February 11th, 2023
This dog-centric festival features:
- Dogs on the ice rink
- Dog adoption event
- Dog yoga
- 5K trail race
- 1-mile dog walk
Green River Revival
March 11th, 2023
Green River Revival always takes place on a Saturday around St. Patrick’s Day.
Highlights of Green River Revival:
- Color Me Green 5K Trail Run, where green dye is thrown at runners
- Live music
- The river is dyed Shamrock green
April 21 to 23rd, 2023
Tuck Fest is the Whitewater Center’s signature music festival.
Highlights of Tuck Fest:
- The nation’s largest outdoor sports and music festival
- 3 days of performances by high profile nationally and internationally touring bands
- Headliners for Tuck Fest 2023: Amanda Shires, Moon Taxi and Bahamas
- Interactive Vendor Village with local and national outdoor brands
- Demos by outdoor outfitters
- An extensive list of races, competitions and obstacle courses for adults, kids and families
- Deep Water Solo climbing competition
- In past years it’s featured performances like bicycle stunt shows, slackline exhibits, and dock jumping competitions for dogs
Memorial Day Celebration
May 28th, 2023
Memorial Day Weekend, with the main event for the festival on Sunday.
Highlights of the Memorial Day Celebration:
- Live music
- Memorial Day Trail Race 5mi & 8mi
4th of July Celebration
July 3-4, 2023
Taking place over two days, the Whitewater Center’s 4th of July Celebration is one of the most popular ways to celebrate the holiday in Charlotte.
Highlights of the 4th of July Celebration:
- Live music
- Battle Royale Stand-Up Paddle Board Sprint race
Dog Days of Summer
August 19th, 2023
- Check back soon for info!
Labor Day Celebration
September 3rd, 2023
The Labor Day Celebration features trail races and live music.
Highlights of the Labor Day Celebration:
- Live music
- 5k and 15K Trail Race
September 16th, 2023
Flow Fest celebrates wellness and mindfulness in a natural, outdoor setting.
- Huge variety of yoga practices
- Wine and kombucha sampling
Build Your Own Boat
October 14th, 2023
In the Whitewater Center’s Build-Your-Own-Boat (BYOB) Competition participants create their own river-worthy vessels and put them to the test with a trip down the whitewater competition channel.
Free to be a spectator!
Photos by U.S. National Whitewater Center
Double-Check Before You Head Out!
We make every effort to make sure that everything on Charlotte on the Cheap is 100% accurate.
However, sometimes things change without notice, and we are not always notified. It's also possible that we can make a mistake.
Please verify all deals and events with the venue or organizer before you go.
Check out this list of the biggest spring festivals in Charlotte, or look ahead to summer festivals in Charlotte! (or just keep reading for a list of upcoming festivals.)