U.S. National Whitewater Center celebrates autumn with its Fall Festival on Friday, October 5th, from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m., and Saturday, October 6th, 2018, from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
The festival features live music, film, the Build Your Own Boat Competition and Race, obstacle trail races and cider tasting. It’s free to attend the festival, but there are charges for the boat competition, obstacle races and cider tasting. There’s also a $6 parking charge.
If you’ve ever had nautical dreams of becoming master and commander of a ship finely crafted with your own hands, here’s your chance. The 7th annual Build Your Own Boat Competition puts human-powered vessels to the test down our man-made whitewater channel featuring class III and IV rapids. Judging will be based on the creativity and seaworthy-ness of each boat, with the winning team’s name joining the ranks of past champions on the coveted BYOB rock and blade trophy. After the race, stick around to enjoy the live music and libations of Fall Festival.
REGISTRATION for BYOB:
$40 – Pre-registration through October 4
$50 – Race day registration (if available)
Note: There is a 40 boat cap for this event. First come, first serve during registration.
U.S. National Whitewater Center Fall Finale Schedule
Friday, October 5, 2018:
- 4:00pm – BYOB mandatory check-in, boat drop off, float test, and style judging begins
- 5:00pm – The Scrambler Obstacle Trail Race Packet Pick-up
- 6:30pm- Slow Flow Yoga
- 7:00pm – The Scrambler Obstacle Trail Race Packet Pick-up ends
- 7:00pm – Neptune’s Revenge Boatercross
- 8:00pm – BYOB mandatory check-in, boat drop off, float test, and style judging ends
- 8:00pm- Film Series
Saturday, October 6, 2018:
- 9:00am – The Scrambler Obstacle Trail Race
- 9:30am- Morning Power Flow Yoga
- 11:00am – All Levels Flow Yoga
- 12:00pm – BYOB Competition begins
- 4:00pm – BYOB Competition ends
- 7:00pm – Live Music: Yarn
- 9:00pm – Live music JR JR
Cider tasting will take place between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. A sampling ticket is $7 and is valid for four 4-oz. samples.
- Wild Blossom
- Good Road Ciderworks
- Bull City Ciderworks
- Austin East Cider
- Red Clay Ciderworks
- Bold Rock
- Noble Hard Cider