McAdenville Christmas is a treasured tradition in the Charlotte area. McAdenville is Christmas Town USA, and for good reason. For more than 60 years the Christmas lights display has drawn visitors to this small town west of Charlotte and east of Gastonia. Hundreds of thousands of lights set the scene for holiday displays.
Check out our huge day-by-day list of holiday events in the Charlotte area! We update it every day!
2022 is the 67th year of this holiday tradition, and the town will shine brightly once again! All the pictures in this article were taken in 2020, and you can expect even more in 2022.
While you’re visit McAdenville, or other spots in the Charlotte area, we’d love for you send us pictures of your favorite Christmas lights. Click on the button below to see the list and the map, and to submit a photo.
Keep reading for all the details about McAdenville — Christmas Town USA!
It is absolutely, definitely worth visiting! Get out of your car and walk around the business district, as well as the town.
It’s small enough that you can probably cover it on foot if you’re comfortable walking, and you’ll be amazed at the effort and creativity that McAdenville residents put into their displays.
Tree Lighting Ceremony
The lights will be turned on Thursday, December 1st, 2022. There will be a tree lighting ceremony at 5:30 p.m., at 208 Main Street, McAdenville, NC.
The switch will be turned by a student from McAdenville Elementary School, after an exciting countdown.
They then will glow nightly, with the last night December 26th, 2022. The hours will be 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. each night.
Some of what you’ll see at Christmas Town USA
- A large nativity scene at a location TBD in Downtown McAdenville
- Over 250 evergreens, covered with more than one-half million white and green lights in the center of town
- Floating Christmas trees on the lake (new this year)
- Historical McAden Mill Bell Tower towers high about the lights and plays seasonal music
- Over 100 homes are beautifully decorated in December
You can drive through, but you can also park and walk, and we suggest that you do that. (Arrive early!)
If you choose to drive, make sure to read all the information on the Christmas Town USA website.
If you do choose to park, please stay on the sidewalks. You can park:
- Behind the McAdenville Baptist Church/Caromont Clinic
- Poplar Street, behind The business area of town
- Beside the lake in the heart of Christmas Town.
- McAdenville Elementary School is a great place to park for those entering from US Highway 29-74.
Also, In the business area, street parking is allowed.
Dining and Shopping in McAdenville
Arrive early and enjoy dinner, treats and shopping in Downtown McAdenville.
Some establishments to check out:
- Terra Mia Ristorante, 129 1/2 Main Street
- Mona’s Boutique and Gifts, 121 Main Street
- Revolver Records, 109 Main Street
- Two Scoops Creamery, coming soon to Downtown McAdenville
- 115 Craft (Brewery), 115 Main Street
- The River Room, 102 Main Street
Yule Log Parade
The annual Yule Log Parade is on December 15th, 2022. Arrive in town early to lineup at 100 Main Street, where the Yule Log will be on a vintage sled. Singing will start at 5:30 p.m. The log will be pulled through the historic downtown to the Memorial Yule Log Fireplace at Legacy Park, where it will be placed on the fire. The festivities end around 7:30 p.m.
More Holiday Events
Check out our growing day-by-day list of holiday events in the Charlotte area or see a few here.
Friday, October 21, 2022
Saturday, October 22, 2022
Sunday, October 23, 2022
Saturday, November 5, 2022
Thursday, November 10, 2022
Friday, November 11, 2022
Saturday, November 12, 2022
Sunday, November 13, 2022
Monday, November 14, 2022
Tuesday, November 15, 2022
Wednesday, November 16, 2022
Thursday, November 17, 2022
Friday, November 18, 2022
Saturday, November 19, 2022
Sunday, November 20, 2022
Monday, November 21, 2022
Tuesday, November 22, 2022
Wednesday, November 23, 2022
Thursday, November 24, 2022
Friday, November 25, 2022
Saturday, November 26, 2022
Sunday, November 27, 2022
Monday, November 28, 2022
Tuesday, November 29, 2022
Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Thursday, December 1, 2022
Friday, December 2, 2022
Saturday, December 3, 2022
Sunday, December 4, 2022