President James K. Polk State Historic Site, 12031 Lancaster Highway, Pineville, is holding its annual event, Music Dance ‘n Que, on Saturday, May 4th, 2019, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Admission is $5 a car.
This fundraising event features live music, games, food for sale, exhibits and more.
Music at Music Dance ‘n Que
- 11 a.m.: The High Ridge Pickers
- 12 p.m.: David Childers
- 1:45 p.m.: Myers Park Bluegrass Club
Food at Music Dance ‘n Que
- BBQ from OoWee BBQ
- Brews from Olde Mecklenburg Brewing
- Dessert from Cupcake Delirium
Fun at Music Dance ‘n Que
- Modern and historic games and activities
- Make and take crafts for kids
Learn at Music Dance ‘n Que
- The Historic Cooking Guild of the Catawba Valley will be stationed in the kitchen house to teach visitors about traditional “receipts” or recipes and methods of preparation.
- Members of the Catawba Valley Fiber Guild will be stationed in the main house to show how different fibers were used by settlers in the Backcountry.
- Reed Gold Mine will be on site with gold panning demonstrations. You can even pay a small fee to join in and try your luck at finding gold or gems!
- The Lincoln County Historical Society’s Archeology Program
- Fort Dobbs State Historic Site
- Mecklenburg County Beekeepers Association
- Carolina Waterfowl Rescue
- Crowders Mountain State Park
- Mecklenburg County Greenways
More upcoming free and cheap things to do
Sunday, April 21, 2019
Monday, April 22, 2019
Tuesday, April 23, 2019