Outdoor movies and drive-in movies are very popular in spring, summer, and fall. Many of these outdoor movies are free. You’re encouraged to bring a blanket or chair.
The list will grow during the warmer months, so keep checking back.
At many of these events, there will be food trucks and beverage vendors available. Make sure to check with the organizer to see if you can bring your own food and beverages. Also, follow the organizers on social media to see if there are any changes due to weather.
You might also be interested in:
- Subscribing to Charlotte on the Cheap's email list
- Best skyline views in Charlotte for photos
- Best food and drink deals in Charlotte
- 50+ walks and hikes in and near Charlotte
- 5 cat cafes in Charlotte
- Resources for pet owners in Charlotte
- Free and cheap things to do this week
- Charlotte art museums, galleries and events
- Charlotte on the Cheap events calendar
- Charlotte area farmers markets
Permanent Drive-In Movie Theaters
There is no permanent drive-in movie theater in Charlotte, and there is only one operating in the greater Charlotte region, Badin Road Drive-In, in Albemarle.
We have all the details you need to know about the drive-in theater.
List of outdoor and drive-in movies by date
The following day-by-day list of outdoor movies will include both drive-in movies and traditional outdoor movies. Keep checking back as the weather warms up!