The French American Chamber of Commerce is presenting the Charlotte French Festival on Sunday, July 14th, 2019, from 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., at Nevin Park, 6000 Statesville Road.
Admission is $5. You can purchase tickets in advance. Tickets are $5. Kids under 3 are free.
Some of what’s going on (scroll down for a schedule):
- Food and wine
- Pétanque tournament. See below!
- Dog costume contest
- French style market
- Kids’ activities
- All day: Petanque demo, initiation and games
- 11 a.m.: Pottery workshop
- 11 a.m.: Culinary demo
- 11:30 a.m.: French language workshop
- 11:45 a.m.: Culinary demo
- 12:30 p.m.: Culinary demo
- 12:30 p.m.: Music by the Mark Larson Trio
- 12:30 p.m.: Theater scenes and games in French and English
- 1:30 p.m.: Culinary demo
- 2 p.m.: The Mark Larson Trio
- 2:30 p.m.: Culinary demo
- 3 p.m.: French language workshop
- 3 p.m.: Pottery workshop
- 3 p.m.: The Mark Larson Trio
- 3:30 p.m.: Culinary demo
- 4 p.m.: The Mark Larson Trio
- 4:30 p.m.: Culinary demo
For the kids:
- Petanque demo, initiation and games (all day)
- Face painting (all day)
- 11 a.m. Pottery workshop
- Beginning of every hour: story time in French
Here is a helpful video about petanque.
Join the Facebook event for updates.