Adding to the list of popular home haunts and Halloween decorations, the Brookstone Haunted Garage returns in 2023. This DIY haunt is built into a garage in the Brookstone neighborhood in North Charlotte. It’s on Amaranthus Court, and you can’t miss it. Promise.
It’s planned for October 28, and 31, 2023, starting around 7 p.m. each night. The end time will depend on attendance. If the lights are off, it’s over. Please don’t knock on the door.
If the weather is bad, the event will be canceled!
Candy will be given away on October 31 only.
Updates will be made on the Brookstone Haunted Garage Facebook page.
The haunt is made of animatronic props, with movement, lights and sounds. The props are homemade, in many cases from repurposed items that were destined for the landfill. The creator of this haunt has worked for months to build the props, wire them, program them, and add incredible artistic detail, so make sure to take a second to notice all that is going on in every scene. You will find it hard to believe you’re in the garage of an ordinary house.
This haunt is an annual favorite of both kids and adults. It takes just a few minutes to walk through, but this year there will also be haunted carnival games in the driveway.
Brookstone Haunted Garage is free to attend. No money is being collected.
Here’s a video of a family going through the haunt in 2022:
Some Safety Rules
- This is a neighborhood, so please be very, very careful driving on the street, especially on Halloween, when there will be trick-or-treaters.
- Park on the street, but not across from a driveway, or across from another parked car, as the street is somewhat narrow.
- Do not block anyone’s driveway, or go on anyone else’s property. The continuation of this event depends on the consideration shown to the long-suffering neighbors.
- People will go through the haunt in small groups, led by the creator of the haunt. Children, or groups of children, will need at least one additional adult to walk through the haunt with them.
- Don’t touch the props.
- The haunt will end early if there are any safety concerns on the property or neighborhood.
More Halloween events
Check out our list of Halloween events, or look at a quick list here: