“Go to the beach” on the cheap by attending BeachFest Matthews on Friday, May 10th, and Saturday, May 11th, 2019, at Stumptown Park, 120 S. Trade Street, Matthews.
- Friday: 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Admission is free. There’s a cost for rides and other activities.
The festival features:
- Live beach music
- Shag dancing
- Kids’ inflatable village
- Carnival rides
- Arts & Crafts boardwalk
- Food vendors
Friday Music Schedule:
- 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Hip Pocket
- 8:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.: Chairmen of the Board
Saturday Music Schedule:
- 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.: Emcee Chuck Carland
- 2:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Randy Clay Band
- 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.: The Extraordinaires
- 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.: The Entertainers
- 8:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.: Blackwater Rhythm & Blues
On Friday night you can get a $10 wristband for all-you-can-ride night.