Cramerton Parks and Recreation is hosting a Youth Fishing Derby on Saturday, September 24th, 2022, from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Find all the best (and cheapest) kids’ activities on our list of upcoming kids’ events in Charlotte!
The event, which is for ages 18 and under, will take place on Goat Island, 141 8th Avenue, Cramerton, NC.
The derby will be catch and release, and awards will be given for the biggest fish, smallest fish and most fish. It’s free to participate.
Preregistration is recommended. A fishing license is not required for ages 15 and younger.
- Fishing permits are NOT required for kids 15 and under, nor for the parents of those kids.
- Adults are welcome to help their child fish BUT the child must reel the fish in.
- The fishing tournament is catch-and-release.
- There are no restrictions on fishing bait or lures used for the tournament.
- There are no limits on the number of fishing poles that you bring.
- You can fish anywhere on the park or by boat on the waters surrounding the park.
- Youth (18 and under) awards will be given for biggest, smallest, and most fish caught. To be eligible for an award, the participant must reel in the fish himself/herself.
- Please dispose of all trash.
- Fish must be brought to staff working the event for official photo and weigh-in of the fish.
- All fish must be caught with a rod and reel. NO NETS.
- In the event of a tie, winners will be selected by the FIRST person to bring in the smallest, largest, and most fish.
- All fish must be weighed in by 10am. Being in line at 10am is not the same as having all fished weighed in by 10am.
Look for updates on the Facebook event.
More Events for Kids
Check out our huge list of upcoming events for kids in the Charlotte area, or look at a few of them here: