UNCC’s International Festival, a popular, free festival that started in 1975, returns to the campus on Saturday, September 21st, 2019, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Taking place in and around the Barnhardt Student Activity Center, it features booths representing the culture of over 50 nations, staffed by students.
This is a free event, and parking is free too.
Music and dance will be presented on indoor and outdoor stages throughout the day, and kids’ activities like face-painting will be available as well. The International Game Zone will allow participants to learn about games in various cultures and take part in activities like a soccer match or a life-size chess match.
- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.: Ethnic Display Group Demonstrations Inside & Outside
- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.: Earth Balloon Inside
- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.: Information Booths Inside & Outside
- 10 a.m. o 6 p.m.: International Game Zone Outside – Upper Lawn
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Passport Project — Lobby
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.: Loch Norman (Irish Pipe Band) Inside & Outside
- 11 a.m. to 6 p.m: Ethnic Foods Available Inside & Outside
- 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Opera Carolina Inside Stage
- 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Obakunle Akinlana – African Folk Tales Outside Stage
- 12 p.m.: Festival of Music and Dance Arena Floor
- 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.: Stilt Walkers Inside & Outside
- 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.: Customized Country Luggage Tags Inside
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.: Celtic Folk Band (Irish Band) Inside Stage
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.: Corky Magic Show Inside
- 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Steel Vibrations (Caribbean Steel Drums) Outside Stage
- 2 p.m.: Parade of Nations Arena Floor
- 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Hula Carolina Inside Stage
- 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Corky Magic Show II Inside
- 3:45 p.m.: Festival of Music and Dance Arena Floor
- 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.: Trabucos Latin Band (Afro-Cuban/Caribbean Music Group) Inside Stage
This campus map will help you find your way around UNCC.