Tega Cay, South Carolina, is celebrating the 4th of July from Friday, July 1st to Monday, July 4th, 2022. The festivities will include a ski show, land parade, concert, and fireworks. Admission is free. Make sure to follow the above link for all details.
Friday, July 1st
WINDJAMMER PARK (5:00 PM-9:00 PM)
Tega Cay’s 4th of July Celebration and 40th Birthday weekend starts Friday, July 1st, 2022 at Windjammer Park (8999 Windjammer Dr., Tega Cay, SC 29708) from 5:00 P.M.-9:00 P.M. Entertainment will feature The Goat Boater Freedom SUP Fun Run, Tega Cay Boat Parade, and annual Carolina Show Ski Team Performance. Food trucks will feature Gnam Gnam Gelato and Sal’s Roadside Eatery for the event.
THE GOAT BOATER FREEDOM SUP FUN RUN (5:00 PM)
The Goat Boater, Lake Wylie Paddleboarding & The City of Tega Cay presents The FREEDOM SUP Fun Run! Paddle a short course against friends and foes on July 1st. *All ages, all abilities, no experience needed. Pre-Registration is highly encouraged. Day of registration is not guaranteed. This will be an elimination round paddle. The final winner takes home a 4th of July prize. *Board, paddle and safety gear will be provided.*
All proceeds from The Freedom SUP Fun Run will go towards Tega Cay Forever and continued preservation of current parks
TEGA CAY BOAT PARADE (6:00 PM)
The Tega Cay Boat Parade will depart from Nivens Creek Landing at 5:15 P.M. and is scheduled to arrive at Windjammer Park by 6:00 P.M.
CAROLINA SHOW SKI TEAM PERFORMANCE (7:00 PM)
The Carolina Show Ski Team brings their annual 4th of July Performance to Windjammer Park on Friday, July 1st at 7:00 P.M.
Saturday, July 2nd
Tega Cay’s 4th of July Concert will be held on Saturday, July 2nd at Runde Park from 6:00 P.M-10:00 P.M.
- Parking will be available at The Glennon Center, with overflow parking located at the lower level tennis courts.
- DJ Breeze will kick things off at 6:00 P.M. followed by opening act Lauren Hall and your headliner, Warrick McZeke.
- Food Truck Vendors include Baltimore Crab Cake Co., Sal’s Roadside Eatery, Maki Taco, First Due Food Co., JamRock JerkSpot, Hog N Dog, That Won Truck, King of Fire, Wilbur’s Last Ride, Abbott’s Frozen Custard, and Gnam Gnam Gelato
- No BYOB, grills or pets.
Monday, July 4th
2022 LAND PARADE (9:00 AM)
Tega Cay’s 4th of July Land Parade is scheduled on Monday, July 4th, 2022, at 9:00 A.M. The parade route will depart from Tega Cay Elementary School and travel down Tega Cay Drive to Runde Park on Windward Drive. The parade will have an 80s theme.
TEGA CAY LION’S CLUB FISH FRY (4:30 PM)
The Tega Cay Lion’s Club presents their Annual Fish Fry on Monday, July 4th at The Glennon Center (15083 Molokai Dr., Tega Cay, SC 29708) starting at 4:30 P.M. Enjoy the following selections:
- Choice of Fish (Flounder) or Chicken Tenders
- Hush Puppies, Cole Slaw, Potato Salad
- Sweet or Unsweet Iced Tea
- Fish Fry Tickets and more information can be found here.
TEGA CAY’S 40TH BIRTHDAY PARTY (7:00 PM)
The Mayor’s City Address begins at 7:00 P.M. in The Glennon Center followed by The Lion’s Club Citizen of Year Award and Tega Cay’s 40th Birthday Cake Cutting. Join the City in celebrating its 40th Birthday before kicking off the Fireworks display at 9:30 P.M.
FIREWORKS (9:30 PM)
The day’s festivities will wrap up with a spectacular Tega Cay Fireworks Display beginning at 9:30 P.M. (schedule subject to change in the event of inclement weather).
- The parking lot at the Tega Cay Golf & Conference Center will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Once that parking lot is full, people will be directed to Runde Park and overflow parking at The Golf Club.
- You are not allowed to park on Tega Cay Drive. This includes the shoulders of the road and the median.
More July 4th events in the Charlotte area
Check out our list of 4th of July events around Charlotte, or see some of them here: