This winter for the third year, you can ice skate and celebrate the season at Winter Wonderland, a fun attraction at Symphony Park, in the parking lot behind SouthPark Mall/Dicks Sporting Goods, 4400 Sharon Road.
Winter Wonderland will be going through the middle of January. It looks like it’s going on through January 14th, 2020. Or maybe through February 1st. They’re not completely clear, sorry.
Tickets are $12 for two hours of skating, without skate rental, and $17 for two hours of skating, with skate rental. If you buy the tickets online you’ll have to pay a fee of several dollars.
Here’s what’s going on:
- A 5,000 square foot ice skating rink with holiday lights and décor
- Santa’s Pub, the popular adult bounce house with a full bar
- Visits from Santa
- Live music
Special events at Winter Wonderland
- December 13, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.: Santa visits
- Saturday, December 14th, 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.: Meet Elsa and Anna
- Sunday, December 15th, 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.: Santa visits
- Thursday, December 19th, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.: Santa visits
- Saturday, December 21st, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.: Santa visits
- Sunday, December 22nd, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.: Santa visits
- Monday, December 23rd, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.: Santa visits
If you need a break from skating, relax in Santa’s Pub and a coffee shop.
The cost will be $12 if you bring your own skates and $17 if you need to rent skates.
There is no cost for admission if you’re not skating.
Hours vary by day:
- Monday through Thursday: 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Friday: 3 p.m. to midnight
- Saturday: 11 a.m. to midnight
- Sunday: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Black Friday (November 29): 11 a.m. to midnight
- Christmas Eve: 11 am. to 5 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve: Noon to 2 a.m.
- New Year’s Day: 11 am. to 11 p.m.
- MLK Day: 11 am. to 11 p.m.
You also might be interested in:
- Subscribing to Charlotte on the Cheap’s emails for all the latest free & cheap news
- Free stuff to do this week
- Charlotte holiday markets
- Day by Day Holiday Guide