Most State Fairs have been canceled for 2020, including the North Carolina State Fair, but the South Carolina State Fair is taking a different approach.
It’s transforming itself into a two-day drive-through event.
The Drive-Through South Carolina State Fair will take place on October 20th and 21st, 2020, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Enter from Rocket Gate at 1200 Rosewood Drive, Columbia, South Carolina.
It will be FREE to attend.
Although there will not be rides, you can enjoy food, exhibits, crafts and animals, all from the safety of your car.
Some of the attractions at the Drive-Through South Carolina State Fair:
- Rocket and History
- Pepsi Trailer and Pepsi Peach Display
- South Carolina Department of Agriculture
- Antique Fire Truck and New Fire Truck
- SC Daodas
- Select Health
- The Circus at the Fair
- United Rentals
- Smokey Bear
- S.C. State Fair Agriculture
- S.C Department of Mental Health
- Thomas Humphries “Fighting Stallions”
- Lexington Medical Center
- Flower Department
- Fine Art Presented by First Citizens
- Student Art
- 701 Center for Contemporary Art
- Beef Cattle
- Swine and Meat Goats
- Dairy Cattle
- Milking Parlor
- 4H/Clemson Exhibit
- Poultry Exhibit & Ernest Lee Artowkr
- Heritage Village
- Mike William’s Sculpture
- S.C. Farm Bureau Federation
- Carolina Lights
- Home and Craft
- Ride of Your Life Scholarship Display
In addition, the South Carolina State Fair will be offering Drive-Through Fair Food from October 20th to 24th, 2020, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Enter Gate 6 located at 901 George Rogers Blvd., Columbia, SC 29201
- You will be directed to one of six lines
- Each line has the exact same food options
- There are seven food trucks in each line
- Each food truck has someone that will greet you safely at your vehicle
- Visitors are not allowed to exit vehicles
- Cash and Credit Cards are accepted (Visa & MasterCard)
- No buses or pedestrians are allowed
- Exit Gate 10 onto Bluff Rd.
- Fiske Fries
- Corn Dogs
- Turkey Legs
- Sausage Sandwich
- Funnel Cakes
- Elephant Ears
- Cotton Candy
- Candy Apples
- Caramel Corn
The South Carolina State Fairgrounds are at 1200 Rosewood Drive, Columbia, South Carolina, an hour and a half from Charlotte.
Subscribe to Charlotte on the Cheap
Upcoming Events in the Charlotte area -- both virtual and in-personCheck out our full events calendar, where you can enter any date, or look at the events for the next few days here:
Saturday, October 24, 2020
Sunday, October 25, 2020
Monday, October 26, 2020