Open Streets 704 is returning in 2023, but with a twist. Instead of one long route of car-free fun being planned twice of year, there will be multiple Corridors Connect events. These will have shorter routes than the previous Open Streets 704 events, but there will be more of them.
What’s an Open Streets festival? It’s a special event during which streets are closed to automobile traffic and filled with everything from recreation and health activities to art, entertainment and environmental activities. They’re generally held on a Sunday, when traffic is at its lowest.
These are free events.
Corridors Connect Schedule
Corridors Connect is a series of six events spread out over three Sundays in October of 2023. Each event takes place from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- October 8, 2023: Sugar Creek Road & I-85
- October 8, 2023: Albemarle Road & Central Avenue
- October 15, 2023: Beatties Ford & Rozzelles Ferry (West Charlotte Rec Center, 2401 Kendall Drive)
- October 15, 2023: Graham Street & North Tryon (Anita Stroud Park, 2215 Double Oaks Drive)
- October 22, 2023: West Blvd (Arbor Glen Outreach Center, 1520 Clanton Road, and Amay James Rec Center, 2425 Lester Street)
- October 22, 2023: Freedom Drive & Wilkinson Blvd (Ashley Park Elementary, 2401 Belfast Drive, and Dowd Park, 2521 Greenland Avenue)
Subscribe to Charlotte on the Cheap
More upcoming festivals
Sunday, December 10, 2023
Thursday, December 14, 2023
Friday, December 15, 2023
Saturday, December 16, 2023
Sunday, December 17, 2023
Saturday, December 30, 2023
Saturday, January 6, 2024