Looking for a chance to show off your smarts? Here’s a list of upcoming Charlotte trivia nights. Most are held on a regular weekly schedule.
You’ll find them at bars, breweries, cideries, restaurants and coffee shops. Keep reading for a day-by-day list of trivia nights around Charlotte.
Most of the trivia nights focus on a wide variety of general knowledge, but some focus on music or pop culture. And some of the trivia nights will have a different theme each week, so it’s a good idea to click the links until you get back to the venue’s Facebook page, because that’s where they’d list the weekly theme, which will help you to prepare.
They’re all free to compete in, and offer prizes, often in beer swag or gift cards, but sometimes cash. Most venues also have food or drink specials, so make sure to click through to find out the current specials.
Since most of these trivia nights are regularly scheduled each week, it’s a good idea to verify with the venue that it’s taking place, because holidays or other events might cause trivia night to be canceled.
Also, the schedule might change or end without notice, so if you see that, just let us know and we’ll update here too.
Do you know of others that should be listed? We are including only trivia nights that are listed on the venue’s website or Facebook page, so if you know one like that, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll check it out and add it, as time permits.
After the day-by-day list of Charlotte trivia nights, we’ve listed 12 tips to make you a better trivia player and 1 tip to make you a better person.
When you email, please keep in mind that we do not plan or host any trivia nights. We’re not affiliated with any of them. We just list them.
Subscribe to Charlotte on the Cheap
Charlotte Trivia Nights
Friday, June 25, 2021
Monday, June 28, 2021
Tuesday, June 29, 2021
Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Thursday, July 1, 2021
Monday, July 5, 2021
Tuesday, July 6, 2021
Wednesday, July 7, 2021
Thursday, July 8, 2021
Monday, July 12, 2021
Tuesday, July 13, 2021
Wednesday, July 14, 2021
Thursday, July 15, 2021
Friday, July 16, 2021
Monday, July 19, 2021
Tuesday, July 20, 2021
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
Thursday, July 22, 2021
13 Tips to Win at Trivia
- Assemble a well-rounded team, with different niches.
- Find teammates of different ages, at least 15 years apart.
- Bigger isn’t always better when it comes to your team, though. A too-large team can have trouble coming to a quick agreement on an answer, and if you have to consider a large number of guesses, that can waste time.
- Designate a teammate to write down each question. One wrong word can set you on the wrong path.
- Never leave an answer blank. If you have no idea, guess. You might get lucky. If you truly have no idea, give a funny answer. Because trivia night is meant to be fun.
- If you’re guessing, say what percent sure you are. A 95% sure guess is a lot different than a 70% sure guess.
- Become a regular. You’ll get a feel for the kind of questions a particular host asks.
- Learn to tune out superfluous information in a question and to focus on the two or three words of key information.
- Let everyone on your team talk.
- Take all the time that’s allotted to you.
- Keep up with the news.
- Study up on some basic information that tends to be visited a lot in trivia, like U.S. presidents, the Periodic Table of Elements, and Super Bowl winners (and losers.)
- Spend some money at the brewery or bar. Buy something. Tip your bartender or waitstaff. OK, that won’t help you win but it’s the right thing to do.