The North Carolina Zoo, at 4401 Zoo Parkway, Asheboro, is thanking those who have served in the U.S. Military with Military Appreciation Week.
Learn about more Veterans Day events in the Charlotte area, including parades, festivals, and ceremonies. There is also a list of special freebies for veterans and military members.
From Monday, November 7th, to Sunday, November 13th, 2022, military members get free admission, as well as free admission for one accompanying guest.
When you arrive at the admission booths, just look for the Military Appreciation Table to get your vouchers once you show your military ID.
This special offer is offered to all active duty, reserve, veteran and retired military personnel. It’s only available for admission purchased on-site.
Regular admission is:
- Adults: $15
- Seniors (62+): $13
- Children (2-12): $11
- Children under 2: Free
Please bring any of the following to qualify for free admission:
- US Veterans ID
- Military ID
- DD-214 with Photo ID
- State driver’s license with veteran indicator or military identifier
- ID issued by the VA, VFW or American Legion
Double-Check Before You Head Out!
We make every effort to make sure that everything on Charlotte on the Cheap is 100% accurate.
However, sometimes things change without notice, and we are not always notified. It's also possible that we can make a mistake.
Please verify all deals and events with the venue or organizer before you go.
You might also be interested in:
- Free things to do this week
- Discounts on concert tickets, kids' activities, restaurants, more
- Most spectacular Christmas light displays
- Day by day list of holiday events
- North Carolina Christmas Gift Guide
- Christmas tree farms and lots
- Live nativities in the Charlotte area
- Pictures with Santa
- Hanukkah celebrations in Charlotte
- Charlotte area holiday markets
More Veterans Day
Check out our list of Veterans Day events in the Charlotte area, including parades, festivals and ceremonies, as well as special deals for veterans, or see quick list of events here.