Celebrate the sandwich at the International Sandwich Festival on Saturday, April 27th, 2019, from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Aldersgate, 3800 Shamrock Drive. Admission is free and so is parking. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs. You’ll be able to purchase a wide variety of sandwiches from many cultures that call this area home. Enjoy street food ranging from Vietnamese to Latin American.
Enjoy live music, kids’ activities and entertainment.
Scroll down to see the entertainment and food truck lineups.
The acts will be an international fusion that will include:
- German Polka
Popular food trucks and restaurants will be on hand serving up sandwiches and other international fare including:
- 12:15 – 1:00 Carolina Camaraden (German Oom-pah Band)
- 1:05 – 1:15 Turban tying. Learn how to tie and wear a turban, the traditional head covering for Sikhs and Shia Muslims. The United Indian Community Forum (uicforum.org), a nonprofit with a mission of uniting diverse Indian communities and promoting cultural understanding, and Turbans for India will demonstrate and educate.
- 1:15 – 2:00 Mickey Mills & Steel (Reggae band)
- 2:05 – 2:35 Rumbao Latin Dance
- 2:40 – 3:00 Voices of Eden (UNCC Gospel Choir)
- 3:05 – 3:35 Flavors of India Dance Group
- 3:40 – 4:00 Nepali Dance, sponsored by OurBRIDGE for Kids
- 4:05 – 4:35 Gary Mumford Rhythmology African drums and dance
- 4:35 – 5:00 International Capoeira School (Afro-Brazilian martial arts)
- 5:10 – 5:55 Reinaldo Brahn Band
Participating food vendors include:
- Yummi Banh Mi
- Papi Queso
- Marathi Tadka
- La Michoacana Authentic Mexican Tacos
- Felix’s Empanadas
- Caribbean Piraguas Shaved Ice
- Cheerwine samples
Lawn chairs and blankets are encouraged. Parking is free and CATS Bus #23 takes you directly to the celebration.