Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden, at 6500 South New Hope Road, Belmont, is worth the short drive from Charlotte, especially during the Christmas season.
Scroll down to learn about two special deals on tickets.
From November 23rd, 2018, through January 6th, 2019, with the exception of Christmas Day, the light displays will start at 5 p.m. and continue through 9 p.m.
The garden’s daytime hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. It will be closed from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
The light display is beautiful. It is integrated into the garden, and makes the fountains, trees and landscape magical.
Holidays at the Garden is bigger and better than ever! You’ll discover new displays, more lights than ever before and fun for the whole family. Experience an all-new musically-orchestrated topiary display, wander through the the new illuminated prairie garden (coming this fall), explore the extended lights of fire and ice in the perennial gardens, view an expanded display of quaint buildings from Department 56’s Dickens’ Village Series® and more.
Visitors will enjoy annual traditions including the towering orchid tree, live music (daily 6 to 8 p.m.), holiday shopping in The Garden Store, crackling fires to warm cold hands or roast a marshmallow, the Children’s Discovery Trail of activities, warm beverages, activities and more. Model train displays built by the Metrolina Model Railroaders can be found throughout the Garden.
Santa Claus will be available for professional photos with families on Monday, Nov. 26, Dec. 3, Dec. 10 and Dec. 17 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. (additional fee, reservations required). Santa will also be available Tuesday through Thursday from Nov. 27 to Dec. 20 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. for personal photos (no fee). Mrs. Claus will visit the Garden Friday through Sunday evenings from Nov. 23 to Dec. 23 in addition to Christmas Eve from 6 to 8 p.m.
Food service will be available every night in addition to beverages including coffee, hot chocolate, cider, beer, wine and other spirits.
Sensory-Friendly Santa Visits at the Garden on Tuesdays
The Garden has reserved the hour between 4 and 5 p.m. (when the Garden is closed to the public) on Tuesdays this Holiday season for children that need a little extra time and attention to visit Santa. During this time the Garden welcomes children with autism and other special needs along with their siblings to enjoy a visit with Santa in a compassionate environment that is supportive of their sensory, physical and developmental needs.
Families can then choose to enjoy the Garden at dusk as a Mile of A Million Lights begins to illuminate or enjoy the Garden for an entire evening. Discounted weekday Holidays at the Garden tickets and a free reservation to visit Santa are required. Families are permitted to take their own photos. To make reservations click here or call (704) 829-1294. Those wishing to have photos taken by a professional photographer are encouraged to schedule an appointment on Mondays this Holiday season.
Admission to Holidays at the Garden
- Adult: $14.95 ($12.95 in advance)
- Senior 60+ $13.95 ($11.95 in advance)
- Child 2-12: $8.95 ($7.95 in advance)
- Child Under 2: Free
- Adult: $16.95 ($14.95 in advance)
- Senior 60+: $15.95 ($13.95 in advance)
- Child 2-12: $10.95 ($8.95 in advance)
- Child under 2: Free
Special deals on tickets to Holidays at the Garden
- Wednesday, December 12th: Wear a Santa or elf hat on Wednesday for 50% off Holidays at the Garden admission at the door. This offer is not valid with any other promotions or discounts and is only available at the door.
- All first responders get $2 off online or at the door to say thank you to all those that help the community when bad weather strikes. This includes fire and rescue, military, emergency response, law enforcement, snow removal and other personnel who work to get the city back up and running. Use the code FIRSTRESPONDER when purchasing tickets. This offer is not valid with any other promotions or discounts. Prices increase at the door, so save even more by purchasing online with the code.
More holiday events in the Charlotte area
Wednesday, December 12, 2018
Thursday, December 13, 2018
Friday, December 14, 2018