Let’s talk about jousting, jugglers and turkey legs.
Carolina Renaissance Festival is back, on Saturdays and Sundays from October 5th to November 24th, 2019, from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
This weekend, November 23rd and 24th, is the FINAL weekend for Carolina Renaissance Festival. Get FREE child admission with a canned food donation at the festival gate.
Fantasy and history collide once again as fanciful creatures have nestled into the forests of the Festival. Journey to the grotto and experience the Living Mermaid exhibit where Fairies of the Sea enchant, delight and swim about inside a 30,000 lb. aquarium.
A new addition this year is Pirouette the Magical Dancer!
Watch Fireflicker the Curious Dragon roam about to award dragon gold to children with magic in their hearts. And fan-favorite Twig the Fairy returns, dazzling patrons with her music and fairy-dust.
Fourteen stages offer an abundance of continuous music, dance, comedy and circus entertainments. Unbalanced acrobats, the Ancient Art of Falconry and the popular jousting tournament with armored knights mounted on horseback, are more examples of the continuous entertainment options offered.
Many of the shows are spontaneous and you will never know what happens next, on stage or off.
Village purveyors offer an endless feast of bread bowl stews, premium meats on sticks, sweet treats and confections and a favorite of all renaissance wanderers: a bag of cinnamon-roasted almonds! Festival pubs offer a variety of Pepsi products, craft beer, wine, champagne, ale, honey mead, lemonade and Medieval Margaritas to compliment the day-long feast of hearty foods fit for royalty.
Shop an extensive array of craft vendors offering home décor, jewelry, clothing of renaissance and medieval fashion, blown and torched glass, handmade art and pottery.
There are also activities for children of all ages including people-powered amusement rides and countryside faire games such as the castle climbing wall, archery and tomato tossing at a fool.
Carolina Renaissance Festival is hugely popular and the highlight of many folks’ year. Just a really fun time. Don’t miss it. The festival grounds are located at 16445 Poplar Tent Road in Huntersville.
Tickets are $25 for adults, $15 for kids age 5-12 and free for kids under 5. You can purchase tickets at home to avoid box office lines. There are no added fees. The price includes all taxes and fees. Parking is free, courtesy of Harris Teeter.
Tickets are $1 more a the gate. You can also purchase the $25 and $15 tickets in advance at Harris Teeter stores region wide.
Here are some more ways to save:
- Seniors age 60 and over: $23
- Military discount (including spouses): $23
- Child dependents of military personnel: $13
- Season pass: $145 for adults and $85 for kids
- Groups of 15 or more: $23 for adults, $13 for kids age 5-12, free ticket for group organizer, free ticket for bus driver. Note: kids under 5, group organizer, and bus driver do not count toward the 15 person minimum.
- Opening Weekend: Buy one, get one free adult tickets. October 5th and 6th, 2019
- Kids Fantasy Weekend: Get one free child’s ticket with adult ticket purchase. October 12th and 13th, 2019.
- Halloween Daze & Spooky Knights. Free child admission (kids age 5-12) October 26th and 27th, 2019.
- Time Travelers Weekend. Children age 5-12 are admitted free with a donation of school supplies. November 16th and 17th, 2019.