Harrisburg is a small town that celebrates the 4th of July in a big way. The town puts on a big parade and a two-day festival. That means two days of rides, fun and music, and two nights of fireworks.
The festival is free to attend. Ride tickets will be available for purchase.
The headliners have been announced for the 2023 festival: Sister Hazel on July 3, and Generation Radio on July 4.
Scroll down for the schedule and details for the 2023 celebration.
Also, the Town of Harrisburg has announced that residents of Harrisburg can pick up four free wristbands for unlimited rides. Read on for all the details, or jump to the information about the free wristbands.
Check out a huge list of 4th of July fireworks, parades and celebrations in the Charlotte area.
The Harrisburg July 4th Celebration will take place Monday, July 3, and Tuesday, July 4, 2023.
It will include fireworks, amusements, food, a parade, and entertainment.
Details for 2023 Harrisburg 4th of July Celebration
The parade takes place Tuesday, July 4, 2023. It will start at 9 a.m. at Captain Steve’s, on Hwy 49 and will travel down Hwy 49 to the intersection of Hwy 49 and Robinson Avenue. Spectators should not stand on the southbound lane side of Hwy 49 to view the parade.
The festival will take place at Harrisburg Park, 191 Sims Parkway, Harrisburg, NC, July 2 and 4, 2023.
- Monday, July 3: 4 to 10 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 4: 4 to 11 p.m.
Schedule for Harrisburg 4th of July 2023
Monday, July 3:
- 4 p.m.: Harrisburg Park opens
- 4 to 10 p.m.: Amusements are open
- 6 p.m.: Music by Envision
- 7:30 p.m.: Music by Sister Hazel
- 9:30 p.m.: Fireworks
- 10 p.m.: Park closes
Tuesday, July 4:
- 9 a.m.: Parade on Highway 49 (beginning at Captain Steve’s restaurant and ending at Robinson Avenue)
- 4 p.m.: Amusements open
- 4:15 p.m.: Mayor’s Invitational Cornhole Tournament
- 6 p.m.: Music by Diamonds and Whiskey
- 7:30 p.m.: Opening Ceremonies
- 8 p.m.: Music by Generation Radio
- 9:30 p.m.: Fireworks
- 11 p.m.: Park closes
Tickets for Amusements
From 2 to 6 tickets are required for each ride. Tickets are $1 each, or $15 for 20.
Tickets purchased on July 3rd can also be used on July 4th.
Ticket booths are located in the main concession stand on the lower four field complex (between Fields #2 and #3.)
Wristbands are also available. $20 for a one day wristband and $30 for a two day wristband.
Free Wristbands for Harrisburg Residents
The Town of Harrisburg has announced that in honor of the Town of Harrisburg’s 50th Anniversary, the Town will give each Town of Harrisburg household 4 FREE wristbands.
The wristbands are for unlimited rides, for both days.
Wristbands can be picked up at the Harrisburg Town Hall, 4100 Main Street, Harrisburg, before June 30, 2023.
Although the wording of the announcement says that it’s for people who live in Harrisburg town limits and pay Harrisburg property taxes, we verified by calling Town Hall that people who rent within the Town limits (and, thus, don’t directly pay property taxes) are eligible.
What to bring and not bring
Please bring lawn chairs and blankets.
Please do not bring coolers, pets, alcohol, tobacco, vape, e-cigarettes.
Viewing areas for fireworks
If you just want to see the fireworks show, and not go to the festival, there are several viewing areas that are recommended by the Town of Harrisburg, although they mention that updated information on viewing locations might be forthcoming.
Excellent – 90-100% of the show
- Z-Max Blvd. parking lots – The Town of Harrisburg offers event parking off of Z-Max Blvd. in Harrisburg. Z-Max Blvd. is located off Highway 49, between Morehead Road and Interstate 485.
- Harris Depot Park – 6960 Harris Depot Road in Harrisburg is located off of Harris Depot Road and is home to the Harrisburg Farmer’s Market.
- Stallings Park – 4050 Stallings Rd, Harrisburg, NC 28075
Fair – 50-75% of the show
This list was included last year, and we assume it will be valid this year as well.
- Anderson Uniform Co. – 5630 NC-49, Harrisburg, NC 28075
- Hickory Ridge High School – 7321 Raging Ridge, Harrisburg, NC 28075
- State Employees’ Credit Union – 5555 State Hwy 49, Harrisburg, NC 28075
- Veterans Park – 4281 State Hwy 49, Harrisburg, NC 28075
More July 4th events in the Charlotte area
Check out our list of 4th of July events around Charlotte, or see some of them here: