Harrisburg is a small town that celebrates the 4th of July in a big way. The town puts on a big parade and a two-day festival.
The festival is free to attend. Ride tickets will be available for purchase.
Scroll down for the schedule and details for the 2022 celebration.
The Harrisburg 4th of July Parade will take place on July 3rd, and the Harrisburg 4th of July Festival, with live music, rides, and fireworks, will take place July 3rd and 4th.
The parade will start at 9 a.m. on July 3rd at Captain Steve’s, on Hwy 49 and will travel down Hwy 49 to the intersection of Hwy 49 and Robinson Avenue. Spectators should not stand on the southbound lane side of Hwy 49 to view the parade.
The festival will take place on July 3rd and 4th.
- July 3rd: 4 to 10 p.m.
- July 4th: 4 to 11 p.m.
Schedule for Harrisburg 4th of July
- 4 p.m.: Harrisburg Park opens
- 4 to 10 p.m.: Amusements are open
- 6 p.m.: Groove Machine
- 7:30 p.m.: Carolina Soul Band
- 9:30 p.m.: Fireworks
- 10 p.m.: Park closes
- 9 a.m.: Parade on Highway 49 (beginning at Captain Steve’s restaurant and ending at Robinson Avenue)
- 4 p.m.: Amusements open
- 4:15 p.m.: Mayor’s Invitational Cornhole Tournament
- 6 p.m.: Brooks Dixon Band
- 7:30 p.m.: Opening Ceremonies
- 8 p.m.: Parmalee
- 9:30 p.m.: Fireworks
- 11 p.m.: Park closes
Tickets for Amusements
From 2 to 6 tickets are required for each ride. Tickets are $1 each, or $15 for 20.
Tickets purchased on July 3rd can also be used on July 4th.
Ticket booths are located in the main concession stand on the lower four field complex (between Fields #2 and #3.)
Wristbands are also available. $20 for a one day wristband and $30 for a two day wristband.
What to bring and not bring
Please bring lawn chairs and blankets.
Please do not bring coolers, pets, alcohol, tobacco, vape, e-cigarettes.
Viewing areas for fireworks
If you just want to see the fireworks show, and not go to the festival, there are several viewing areas that are recommended by the Town of Harrisburg:
Excellent – 90-100% of the show
- Z-Max Blvd. parking lots – The Town of Harrisburg offers event parking off of Z-Max Blvd. in Harrisburg. Z-Max Blvd. is located off Highway 49, between Morehead Road and Interstate 485.
- Harris Depot Park – 6960 Harris Depot Road in Harrisburg is located off of Harris Depot Road and is home to the Harrisburg Farmer’s Market.
- Stallings Park – 4050 Stallings Rd, Harrisburg, NC 28075
Fair – 50-75% of the show
- Anderson Uniform Co. – 5630 NC-49, Harrisburg, NC 28075
- Hickory Ridge High School – 7321 Raging Ridge, Harrisburg, NC 28075
- State Employees’ Credit Union – 5555 State Hwy 49, Harrisburg, NC 28075
- Veterans Park – 4281 State Hwy 49, Harrisburg, NC 28075
More July 4th events in the Charlotte area
Check out our list of 4th of July events around Charlotte, or see some of them here: