On Thursday evenings from June 3rd to September 2nd, 2021, Catawba Riverkeeper is offering evening flatwater kayaking experiences. They will take place on various waters in North and South Carolina.
The cost for a session is $25 per person, and that includes use of a kayak, a paddle, PFD, safety instruction, and a guided tour on the water.
These evening paddles are a great idea for date night, a happy hour with friends, or fun with the family. Children age 8 and older can participate.
The sessions will take place from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Here’s the schedule:
- June 3 | Kevin Loftin Riverfront Park (Belmont, NC)
- June 10 | Stumpy Pond (Heath Springs, SC)
- June 17 | Dutchmans Creek Access Area (Mt. Holly, NC)
- June 24 | Landsford Canal State Park (Catawba, SC)
- July 1 | Linville Access – Lake James (Marion, NC)
- July 8 | The Boathouse (McAdenville, NC)
- July 15 | Latta Plantation – Gar Creek (Huntersville, NC)
- July 29 | Outdoor Classroom (Fort Lawn, SC)
- August 5 | Lake Norman State Park (Troutman, NC)
- August 12 | Lucia Access Area – Mtn. Island Lake (Stanley, NC)
- August 19 | Copperhead Island- McDowell Nature Preserve (Charlotte)
- August 26 | Tailrace Marina (Mt. Holly, NC)
- September 2 | Crowders Mountain
If you’re not doing this already, you can subscribe to Charlotte on the Cheap’s daily emails (just one a day), and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation works to ensure clean, plentiful water in the Catawba River Basin through advocacy and education. Learn more about what they do and how you can be involved.
Follow Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation on Facebook to learn about future activities.
Upcoming Events in the Charlotte area -- both virtual and in-personCheck out our full events calendar, where you can enter any date, or look at the events for the next few days here:
Wednesday, May 12, 2021
Thursday, May 13, 2021
Friday, May 14, 2021
Weekly on Thursday @ 6:00 pm-7:30 pm (June 3, 2021 - September 2, 2021)