The Yiasou Greek Festival is returning in 2023!
It will take place September 8-10, 2023:
- Friday, September 8: 11 a.m. to 10 pm.
- Saturday, September 9: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday, September 10: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The festival takes place at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral, 600 East Boulevard.
Admission is $5, with free admission for children under age 12.
The festival, one of Charlotte’s most anticipated events of the year, features:
- Kids’ playland, with rides and face painting and more
- Tours of the cathedral
- Live reenactments
Please check back soon for details! The festival’s Facebook page is also a good place for updates.
Fall is looking great around Charlotte, whether you’re looking for something spooky or totally kid-friendly! Check out our HUGE list of fall festivals, a big list of Halloween parties, Trick or Treat events, and our list of pumpkin patches, haunted trails and corn mazes!
Getting to the festival
- The address is 600 East Boulevard, Charlotte, NC.
- CATS/Bus/Lynx Light Rail – The Festival is less than a mile from the East/West Boulevard Lynx station.
- You can park at INLIVIAN Housing Redifined, 400 East Boulevard after 5 p.m. on Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday. It’s about two blocks away.
- Side street parking is available on nearby Dilworth neighboring streets, adhere to posted parking guidelines. Please do not block any driveways.
Food at the festival
The delicious, authentic Greek food is a highlight of the festival for many guests! Here are just a few of the items you will be able to purchase:
- Pastichio plate
- Grecian baked chicken plate
- Roast lamb plate
- Greek salad
- Gyro pita
- Chicken pita
- Hummus with baked pita chips
- Greek fries
- Hot dog (at kids’ playland area)
- Chocolate flogera
There will also be a drive-thru if you just want to pick up food.
Check out this list of the biggest fall festivals and Halloween events in Charlotte (or just keep reading for a list of upcoming festivals.)