Science on the Rocks a fun, themed event at Discovery Place Science, 301 N. Tryon Street, for adults 21 and older. It takes place every third Friday of the month.
You might also be interested in Fishbowl: A Pop-Up Bar Experiment, another 21+ after-hours event at Discovery Place.
Science on the Rocks features themed activities and a chance for adults to explore the museum after-hours.
Each floor of the museum will be transformed with activities, costume contests, bars and music.
Make this summer last forever at our next adults-only night at the Museum. Join us on Friday, June 21 for Science on the Rocks: Summer of ’69 to kick-off the first official day of summer.
- Take a shot at Tongue Twister and try to unwrap Starbursts
- Speak to the heart and learn what your Love Language is
- Participate in a retro costume contest with your most rad outfit
- Celebrate friendship and create your own friendship bracelet
- Enjoy Age of Aquarius, a specialty cocktail, along with food and desserts including Hippie Wings, Tie Dye Fries, Moon Landing Hummus Plate, The Beatles Chicken Salad Sandwich, Woodstock Cupcake and a Boeing 747 Margarita Cupcake
Must be 21 or older. All sales final. Activities subject to change. Photo ID required for Museum entry. All IDs will be checked at the door. Check-in will be at Tryon St. Admissions. Cash/credit bars featuring beer, wine and liquor throughout Levels 1 and 2. Parking fee for Discovery Place Science Parking Deck is not included. Curio City Kitchen will be open, serving beer, wine and a special menu.