Pottery Central, 4843 Monroe Road, is holding its annual holiday kiln opening and party on Saturday, December 14th, 2019, from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
It’s a free event and open to the public. No RSVP is required.
This year’s event includes a raku demonstration, silent auction, kiln opening, a performance by RenElvis (Elvis impersonator), gallery viewing and beer, wine and food.
The silent auction benefits the scholarship fund award through the National Scholastic Art Awards. The owner of Pottery Central has been a standing judge for 12 years.
- 6 p.m. to 7 p.m: Meet aned Greet
- 6 p.m.: Silent auction begins
- 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.: Studio tours
- 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.: Complimentary beer, wine, food
- 6 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.: Live music by “Second Opinion”
- 8 p m.: Kiln opening. Pots will be unloaded hot out of the kiln, and the firing process will be described by the artist
- 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.: Renelvis, an Elvis impersonator, will perform hits by Elvis. Renelvis is a local legend.
- 9:30 p.m. to midnight: Raku demonstration. Observe pottery being fired at over 1800 degrees and plucked from the kiln and put into a fiery “post firing reduction.”
- 10 p.m.: Silent auction ends and late night party begins.