Picasso Landscapes: Out of Bounds
Picasso Landscapes: Out of Bounds will be at Mint Museum Uptown from February 11 to May 21, 2023.
This exhibition, which explores Pablo Picasso’s deep engagement with landscape subjects, will be at only two venues in the United States. Mint Museum Uptown is the first to show it, and the only venue on the East Coast.
Picasso Landscapes: Out of Bounds is part of The Picasso Celebration 1973-2023, which includes approximately 50 exhibitions and events throughout Europe and North America, marking the 50th anniversary of the artist’s death.
Please keep reading for information on discounts and even a free day.
You might be interested in a list of Charlotte art museums, galleries and events.
On April 8, 2023, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., The Mint Museum is hosting a community celebration that includes complimentary admission to the exhibition Picasso Landscapes: Out of Bounds, plus live music, art activities, film screenings, photo booths, food trucks, a cash bar, and door prizes throughout the day.
During the community celebration, admission to Picasso Landscapes is first come, first served based on exhibition capacity for one-hour timed tickets. Free timed tickets also can be reserved in advance at mintmuseum.ticketapp.org/picasso_celebration.
UPDATE: The advance free tickets have all been claimed, but there will be about 60 tickets every hour for walk-ups. If you can’t get into the exhibit, please note that the rest of the Mint Museum will be free that day.
- 11 AM- 5 PM: Live music and cash bar | Robert Haywood Morrison Atrium
- Noon–4 PM: Photo station with Playing Pablo murals | Level 5 Queens Room
- 12:30, 1, 1:30, and 2 PM: Mint on the Dot talks in Picasso Landscapes. Look for “Mint on the Dot!” signs on the gallery floor
- 1-4 PM: Art activities | Robert Haywood Morrison Atrium
- 1–5 PM: Face painting and more | Van Allen Terrace
Tickets to Picasso Landscapes
Timed tickets are required to visit the exhibition at the Mint Museum. The tickets are timed for two hours. You can view the rest of the museum throughout the day.
- Adults: $25
- Senior: $20
- College Student: $20
- Child 5-17: Free
- Art teacher: Free
- Mint member: $10
Purchase here. Check in at the front desk when you arrive.
Picasso Landscapes Special Exhibition Hours
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 9 to 10 a.m., Member Morning; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: 1 to 9 p.m.
- Thursday: 1 to 5 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., Member Morning; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Bearden/Picasso: Rhythms & Reverberations
Admission to Picasso Landscapes also includes admission to Bearden/Picasso: Rhythms and Reverberations, which will be exhibited during the same time period.
Bearden/Picasso: Rhythms and Reverberations examines the impact of Pablo Picasso’s rich artistic practice on Romare Bearden and his work. The exhibition is divided into four sections: Bulls & Bullfights; Music & Rhythm; Doors & Windows; and Line & Color. Each section will feature works by Pablo Picasso and Romare Bearden.Mint Museum of Art
Discount and Free Tickets
- Students up to grade 12 will be admitted to the exhibition for free.
- Art teachers will also be admitted for free.
- College students and teachers, and seniors (age 65+) will get a discounted rate of $20.
- On April 8, 2023, the 50th anniversary of Picasso’s death, everyone will be admitted for free. See above for details.
More art events
Check out our full calendar of Charlotte art museums, galleries and events or look at a few events here: