This summer, though August 31st, 2019, Mecklenburg County residents get one free youth ticket at NASCAR Hall of Fame when they buy an adult ticket. (Scroll down for hours of operation and ticket prices, as well as current exhibits.)
NASCAR Hall of Fame is in Uptown Charlotte, at 400 E. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
You’ll need to go to the NASCAR Hall of Fame box office to claim this offer. Please bring a driver’s license that shows proof of residency. The tickets must be redeemed on the day of purchase.
In addition, special family-friendly programming will be offered Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. this summer.
Summer Tune-Up program includes crafts, games and activities:
- Design your own NASCAR-inspired trophy, fire suit, race flag or helmet
- Take a picture with your masterpiece
- Build your own race car by choosing a variety of materials and tools from the car building cart
- Race your car on the track
- Challenge yourself with NASCAR trivia
- Participate in a scavenger hunt
NASCAR Hall of Fame is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day of the week.
General Admission Prices:
- Adults: $25
- Youth (4-12): $18
- Seniors (65+, with valid ID): $22
- Military (with valid ID): $18
NASCAR Hall of Fame exhibits:
- RCR 50: Only in America: Celebrating five decades of Richard Childress Racing’s success, honoring the accomplishments of his family, his team members and the many people who helped build a NASCAR dynasty.
- Hall of Honor: Where NASCAR legends ar enshrined, celebrated and honored.
- Glory Road: Icons: 18 iconic cars are displayed
- High Octane Theater: Retrace NASCAR’s historic roots on the 64-foot project screen with surround sound.
- Race Week: Experience the sights, sounds and excitement of Race Week. Test an engine in the shop, take on the Pit Crew Challenge, and more.
- Heritage Speedway: Explore the competitive and technical history of the sport through authentic artifacts and multimedia experiences.
- Whelen Hall of Champions: The Whelen Hall of Champions honors the individuals who have risen to the top their sport.
- Racing Simulator: Get behind the wheel of one of eight NASCAR stock car replicas outfitted with iRacing technology, including one wheelchair accessible simulator.
More upcoming frugal things for kids to do