On Saturday, February 23rd, 2019, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. college students and faculty are invited to College Lab @ the Mint: Spring Edition at Mint Museum Randolph, 2730 Randolph Road.
Besides visiting the galleries, students can check out info sessions about internships and opportunities, and may also present a 10-minute talk.
This is their chance to share their knowledge and passion with others at the museum! Talks can be in the galleries or through a visual presentation connected to any subject, theme, object, time period, or medium represented in the Mint’s collection.
- Join Joyce Weaver, Director of Library and Archives, for a workshop in the library. Learn from Joyce about the Mint’s special collections, primary resources for research, and how to handle special collections materials. Sign up here
- Join Joel Smeltzer, Head of School & Gallery Programs, for a workshop in the galleries. Joel will share how a group gallery tour encourages meaningful looking and interpretation of art. Sign up here
- 2:00 – 6:00 PM FREE admission for college students and faculty
- 2:00 PM Hang-out in the lounge (Ivey Forum). Grab refreshments and chat with friends
- 2:10 – 2:20 PM Docent Dot Talk in the African-Print Fashion Now! special exhibition
- 2:30 – 2:40 PM 1st internship info session in the lounge
- 2:45 – 2:55PM Student talk – Luke Trull
Appalachian State University
Izapan Style Art and Artistic Transmission in Ancient Mesoamerica in Art of the Ancient Americas Galleries
- 3:00 – 3:30 PM Library workshop – 2 spots left. Meet in the lounge
- 3:45 – 3:55 PM Student talk – Jillian Stelow
Beauty in Decay in the European Galleries
- 4:00 – 4:30 PM Gallery workshop – 5 spots left. Meet in the lounge
- 4:45 – 4:55 PM Student talk – Mandy Cooper
African Aesthetics as a Source of Revolution in the African-Print Fashion Now! exhibition
- 5:00 – 5:10 PM Student talk – Erin Nicholas
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Domesticated Effigies in the Art of the Ancient Americas Galleries
- 5:15 – 5:25 PM 2nd internship info session in the lounge
- 5:30 PM Lounge closes
- 6:00 PM Museum closes