The Plaza Midwood neighborhood is celebrating springtime with Midwood Maynia.
Check out this big list of spring festivals in the Charlotte area!
This popular annual festival takes place Saturday, May 20th, 2023. It features live music, food, beer from a local brewery, local artisans, a pet parade, fun kids’ activities and more.
Check back soon for the time!
It typically starts with the pet parade, and then continues in Midwood Park until the evening.
The two locations you need to know about are:
- The Vine United Methodist Church (where the pet parade starts): 2101 Belvedere Avenue, Charlotte
- Midwood Park (where the party happens): 2100 Wilhelmina Avenue, Charlotte
The event is free and open to all.
Parking is challenging in Plaza Midwood. If it’s possible to arrive on foot, bike, scooter, or ride-share, you should consider that.
Click on the image below for lots of information!
You might also be interested in the very popular Plaza Midwood Home & Garden Tour, which will be taking place Friday, May 5, 2023, from 6 to 8 p.m., and Saturday, May 6, 2023, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Midwood Maynia Schedule
- 10:15 a.m.: Gather at the front lawn of The Vine for the pet blessing
- 10:30 a.m.: Pet parade from The Vine to Midwood Park
- 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.: Fun in the Park (yard games, photo area, food trucks, more)
Kidswood in the Park
Kid-friendly activities will be taking place in Midwood Park from 11:15 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- 11:15 a.m.: Storytime with the Plaza Midwood Library
- Mobile Petting Zoo: meet bunnies, alpacas, a mini-cow, baby doll sheep, goats, teacup pig, more
- Bounce house and slide
- Face painting
- Balloon artist
There will be a ribbon cutting ceremony for the new bridge at 1 p.m., and a butterfly activity for the kids from 1 to 3 p.m.
Food Trucks at Midwood Maynia
- Blaysian Asian Way
- King of Pops
- Tacos Don Coytl
- What the Fries
- Two Scoops
Music Schedule at Midwood Maynia
- 12 p.m.: Umarell (funk/fusion inspired by jazz)
- 1:30 p.m.: charlez360 (saxophonist, singer, songwriter)
- 3 p.m.: An Archaic Agenda (Celtic-flavored new folk indie)
- 4:30 p.m.: Doubting Thomas (Americana/pop)
- 6 p.m.: Firepink (All female rock band)
Check out this list of the biggest fall festivals and Halloween events in Charlotte (or just keep reading for a list of upcoming festivals.)