The Plaza Midwood neighborhood is celebrating springtime with Midwood Maynia.
Check out this big list of spring festivals in the Charlotte area!
This popular annual festival takes place Saturday, May 7th, 2022. It features live music, food, beer from a local brewery, local artisans, a pet parade, fun kids’ activities and more.
It starts with the pet parade at 9:45 a.m., and then continues in Midwood Park until 7 p.m.
The two locations you need to know about are:
- The Vine United Methodist Church (where the pet parade starts): 2101 Belvedere Avenue, Charlotte
- Midwood Park (where the party happens): 2100 Wilhelmina Avenue, Charlotte
The event is free and open to all.
Parking is challenging in Plaza Midwood. If it’s possible to arrive on foot, bike, scooter, or ride-share, you should consider that.
Midwood Maynia Schedule
9:45 a.m. — Pet Parade
Gather on the front lawn of The Vine for a blessing of the pets before parading into Midwood Park at 10 am. All pets and their humans are eligible. No registration fee.
11 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Kidswood in Midwood Park
If you’re a kid or a kid at heart, head over to Midwood Park for Kidswood, a celebration with activities for the youngest residents. A variety of kid-oriented fun – bounce house, art projects, bubbles and more. Plaza Midwood Library will hold storytimes in the park.
11:30 a.m. — Plant Swap
Come on out to the Midwood Park Community Garden for the eighth annual Plant Swap. The Plant Swap is located between the ball field and the Tippah Avenue walkway and everyone is welcome to join in the fun. Swap native plants and stories, meet your neighbors, and learn gardening tips.
1 to 3 p.m. — Kids Self-Guided Wildlife Scavenger Hunt
Explore the garden up close.
11 a.m. to 6 p.m. — Party in the Park
Join all the other Mayniacs in Midwood Park for food, cold beverages, and a variety of activities including great live local music, friends, family, and of course – sun, lots of sun! Enjoy beer on draft from Resident Culture and a selection of wine from the Bohemian. The following food trucks are scheduled to be on site
Food Trucks at Midwood Maynia
- BW Sweets
- Jimmy Pearls (11-4)
- Schudelteig Bakery
- Snow your Roll
- Vegan Rich
- Two Scoops
Music Schedule at Midwood Maynia
- Noon ~ Queen City Jazz Trio – Smooth jazz
- 1 p.m.: Mike Strauss Band – Songwriting and matter-of-fact delivery centers in folk and blues
- 2:30 p.m.: School of Rock House Band – Music programs for kids in Charlotte designed to get students on stage and performing, with the goal of building strong musical proficiency
- 4 p.m.: Ancient Cities – Sixties-styled folk and psychedelic blending classic and modern rock
- 5:30 p.m.: Loose Lugnuts — Rebels of legendary Thirsty Beaver fame and Midwood’s favorite sons – return for an encore finale!
Learn about all the summer festivals in Charlotte, or look at a quick list of upcoming festivals here: