MECK Pre-K is a FREE program offered to eligible children. Children must be four years old on or before August 31st, 2020, and must live in Mecklenburg County.
Scroll down for a list of locations, organized by zip code.
There are income requirements as well. Families must not earn more than 400% of the poverty level:
- Household/family size of 2: Income limit of $67,640
- Household/family size of 3: Income limit of $85,320
- Household/family size of 4: Income limit of $103,000
- Household/family size of 5: Income limit of $120,680
- Household/family size of 6: Income limit of $138,360
- Household/family size of 7: Income limit of $156,040
- Household/family size of 8: Income limit of $173,720
- Household/family size of 9: Income limit of $191,400
- Household/family size of 10: Income limit of 209,080
You’ll need to show proof of your child’s date of birth and legal name, proof of residency and household income.
Spots are limited, so don’t delay in registering your child.
For more information, call 704-943-9585 or email info@MeckPreK.org.
Register online, and then you’ll need to book an appointment to meet in person and complete the enrollment process.
The program includes small groups, outside time, snack time, story time, lunch, quiet time, and learning through songs, word play and letters.
MECK Pre-K programs are 6.5 hours a day.
There are a maximum of 18 children in each MECK Pre-K classroom, taught by one teacher and one teacher assistant per classroom.
There are more than 35 facilities that provide MECK Pre-K.
Subscribe to Charlotte on the Cheap