McColl Center for Art + Innovation, at 721 North Tryon Street, is free to visit, and also hosts many free events for the public.
Re-Open House at McColl Center
March 11th, 2021
12 p.m. to 5 p.m. (4 time slots)
Free, but registration is required (follow above link)
Join McColl Center for an Open House to celebrate their return to in-person experiences and the opening of Spaces Between. Enjoy free admission to three floors of art in the exhibition by our winter/spring 2021 artists-in-residence: Anna G. Dean, Rehab El Sadek, Lorena Mal, and Sharon Norwood. As you safely move through the newly renovated gallery, you’ll encounter live music by DJ Fannie Mae.
To enrich your experience with the art, dive into a playlist of songs and a list of books that have been inspiring the exhibiting artists-in-residence. Then, consider helping us support the artists and spark creative experiences like these by becoming an Igniter. For a monthly donation, special perks will get you closer to art and artists throughout the year.
Here’s how you’ll experience the Re-Open House safely:
- All guests must register in advance, with a limit of 20 guests per time slot.
- Face masks must be on at all times during your visit and social distancing is required between you and other guests (not including those in your own party).
- Hand sanitizer is available at dispenser stations on each floor.
- Only four (4) guests are allowed in the elevator at one time.
- Stairwells are marked for up or down traffic only.
- Failure to comply with our safety policies, put in place to keep you and others safe and healthy, will result in your being asked to leave the premises.
How to get there and where to park:
The McColl Center is at 721 N. Tryon St. in Uptown Charlotte. Plenty of free parking is available on N. Tryon St. after 6:00 p.m. and in the lot at the corner of W. 10th St. and N. Church St. (behind Charlotte Ballet).
Subscribe to Charlotte on the Cheap