The Town of Matthews is presenting an outdoor concert series starting April 9th, 2021. They can’t resume their usual Food Truck Friday events quite yet, since audiences are limited to 350 people, but this ticketed concert series is a way to still enjoy outdoor music this spring.
The concerts will take place the 2nd and 4th Friday of the month, April through September, in Stumptown Park, 120 S. Trade Street, Matthews, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Tickets will go on sale 2 weeks before each concert, at 9 a.m., and are sold “per pod,” as a way to practice social distancing. There are 4-person pods and 2-person pods, and the price per person ranges from $3 to $6.
All pods are 8 feet in diameter, with 6 feet between them. Attendees must stay in their pods while enjoying the concert.
- Section 1 and 1A (Dance floor/front lawn): $24 (4 people) or $12 (2 people)
- Section 2 (rear lawn): $20 (4 people) or $10 (2 people)
- Section 3 (lawn-back row): $20 (4 people) or $10 (2 people)
- Sections 4 and 5 (sidestage): $16 (4 people) or $8 (2 people)
- Section 6 (rear sidestage): $12 (4 people) or $6 (2 people)
- Section 7 (brick patio): $20 (4 people) or $10 (2 people)
The events will be held unless pandemic government orders later prohibit them. They’ll take place rain or shine, unless a washout is imminent. Refunds available in these cases.
These are the concerts that have been announced so far:
- April 9 Late Night Special Band (modern rock/soul); tickets on sale March 29th
- April 23 REO/Survivor Tribute Band; tickets on sale April 12th
- May 14 Band of Oz (beach); tickets on sale April 26th
- May 28 Terrence Young Experience (jazz); tickets on sale May 17th
Ticket holders must check-in at the park entrance, and can do so beginning at 5 p.m. Masks must be worn. Minimal movement within the park is encouraged.
Food and dessert trucks will be on-site, offering minimum-contact ordering and pickup. Diners will be given individual bags, so they can dispose of their trash in a safe way. Social distancing will be reinforced in the food truck and other areas of the event.
Attendees should bring blankets and chairs (chairs recommended for the gravel-area pods) but are discouraged from bringing pets, as pets are prohibited per Town ordinance.
Subscribe to Charlotte on the Cheap
Upcoming Events in the Charlotte area -- both virtual and in-personCheck out our full events calendar, where you can enter any date, or look at the events for the next few days here:
Thursday, June 17, 2021
Friday, June 18, 2021
Saturday, June 19, 2021