The very popular festival Matthews Alive is returning in 2022! It will take place at Stumptown Park, 120 S. Trade Street, Matthews, Friday, September 2nd, to Monday, September 5th, 2022.
The annual festival, a Charlotte area Labor Day weekend tradition, is dedicated to the support of local non-profit organizations through music, arts and community involvement.
The festival features live music, rides, games, an arts and crafts market, food and drink vendors, and a Labor Day parade.
Admission is free. You’ll need a wristband for rides.
Hours of Matthews Alive
- Friday: 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Monday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
There will be kid-friendly entertainment on the kids’ stage, and, surrounding the stage will be plenty of fun, including a ninja mobile course and fun size equipment. There will also be food vendors right in Kids Connection.
- Beach Night on the Main Stage
- 6:30 to 8 p.m.: Gary Lowder & Smokin’ Hot
- 8:30 to 10 p.m.: The Entertainers
- All-you-can-ride wristband night at the carnival
- The Labor Day Parade starts at 9:30 a.m. It’s one of the largest Labor Day parades in the Southeast.
- Kids’ Connection, Kids’ Stage and Small Shops open
- 2:30 to 8 p.m.: Mixtape Side A — various genres of music on the Main Stage
- 8:30 to 10 p.m.: Double Vision (Foreigner Tribute Band)
- 2:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Mixtape Side B — various genres of music on the Main Stage
- 8:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.: Bohemian Queen (Queen tribute band)
- 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Jazz on the Main Stage