The very popular festival Matthews Alive returns for Labor Day Weekend, 2019, for more family fun, live music, carnival rides and more.
It’s dedicated to the support of local non-profit organizations through music, arts and community involvement, and runs from Friday, August 30th, through Monday, September 2nd.
The festival is free, and includes tons of entertainment and kids’ activities, but to go on the rides and participate in other attractions you’ll need tickets.
- $1 each
- Sheet of 25 for $20
- Mechanical rides cost from 3 to 6 tickets
- Inflatables cost 3-5 tickets
- Games cost 2-3 tickets
- KidZone games (under 8 years old) cost 1 ticket
- You can get a all-you-can-ride wristband for $15 on Friday.
The entertainment includes music from many genres and decades, as well as children’s entertainment.
The Labor Day Parade, the largest Labor Day parade in the Southeast, takes place Saturday, August 31st, 2019, starting at 9:30 a.m.
Main Festival Hours (food, main stage entertainment, rides)
Friday: 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday: 1 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Monday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday, August 30th:
- 6:30 p.m.: Gary Lowder & Smokin’ Hot
- 8:30 p.m.: The Tams
Saturday, August 31st:
- 9:30 a.m.: Parade
- 2:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Pop/Rock day on the Main Stage
- 8:30 p.m.: Tusk (Fleetwood Mac Tribute)
Sunday, September 1st:
- 2:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Country rock on the Main Stage
- 8:30 p.m.: Lonestar on the Main Stage
Monday, September 2nd:
- 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Indie/Folk on the Main Stage
There will be two jazz and R&B performers each day on the indoor stage on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
More upcoming festivals
Friday, July 26, 2019
Saturday, July 27, 2019
Saturday, August 3, 2019
Sunday, August 4, 2019
Tuesday, August 6, 2019
Friday, August 9, 2019
Saturday, August 17, 2019
Sunday, August 18, 2019