Make Music Day is a worldwide celebration of music that takes place Monday, June 21st, 2021. It’s different than a typical music festival. Make Music Day encourages everyone to join in. So the events tend to be collaborative and welcoming.
Why a Monday? It takes place on Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year.
Charlotte is participating in Make Music Day, with several music events around Center City, South End, and NoDa and more. Read on to learn about some of the events that are planned. More might be added. Find updated listings at makemusicday.org/charlotte/.
Victoria Yards, 408 N. Tryon Street
- 4 to 5 p.m.: Beginner Guitar and Ukulele Class
- 5 to 5:30 p.m.: Pop and Country Sing-alongs/Play-alongs
- 5:30-6 p.m.: Open Mic
- 6 to 7 p.m.: Beatles Sing-alongs/Play-alongs
Disc Plaza, Trade and Tryon Streets
- 5 to 7 p.m.: DrumStrong
Levine Avenue of the Arts
- 5 p.m.: Myron Brown, Chair of dept of Music at Winston Salem St Univiversity
- 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.: Jennifer Martin presents students with Charlotte Piano Teachers Forum
- 7 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.: Charlotte Academy of Music Recital
- 7:45 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.: Rycor Coon
Crown Station, 3629 N. Davidson Street
Optimist Hall, 1115 N. Brevard Street
- 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.: Live music in the Courtyard with Kris Hitchcock
Performances sponsored by U.S. Bank
- 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at East/West Station: Katie Oates
- 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Kingston Plaza: Von Hunter
- 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Flower Child: Joe McCourt