Make Music Day is a worldwide celebration of music that takes place Monday, June 21st, 2022. It’s different than a typical music festival. Make Music Day encourages everyone to join in. So the events are collaborative and welcoming.
It takes place on Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year.
Do you love outdoor concerts? They’re not just for summer! Make sure to check out HUGE day-by-day list of outdoor concerts around Charlotte. Most are free.
Charlotte is participating in Make Music Day, with many music events around Center City and South End. Read on to learn about some of the events that are planned. Find updated listings at makemusicday.org/charlotte/.
209 E 7th Street, Charlotte
- 4 to 5 p.m.: Beginner Guitar and Ukulele Class
- 5 to 5:30 p.m.: Beatles, pop, and country sing-alongs and play-alongs
- 5:30-6 p.m.: Open Mic
- 6 to 8 p.m.: Jazz jam session
Disc Plaza, Trade and Tryon Streets
100 S Tryon Street, Charlotte
- 5 to 7 p.m.: DrumStrong
Bechtler Museum outside at the Firebird
420 S Tryon Street, Charlotte
- 12 to 1 p.m.: Join an interactive rhythm experience as you refuel during the summer day. Drums and various percussion instruments will be available to explore various rhythms and enjoy a groove with fellow neighbors and visitors of Uptown! No prior musical experience is necessary as we celebrate Make Music Day with Piedmont Music Therapy!
The Market at 7th Street
224 E 7th Street, Charlotte
- 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.: Americana music by Robert Webster
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Live music by Noel Burke
Bank of America Plaza at The Square
101 S Tryon Street, Charlotte
- 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.: Klezmer music with electronics from local oboe and clarinet players
100 N Tryon Street, Charlotte
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Classical music by local pianists on a Steinway Piano
Wells Fargo Plaza
301 S Tryon Street, Charlotte
- 4 to 5 p.m.: Music by harmonica player Kenny Shore. Free harmonicas will be passed out, while they last.
The Rail Yard South End Lobby
1414 S Tryon Street, Charlotte
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Alex PGSV on the keys under the Rhino Market butterfly mural
The Wedge Park near Flower Child
1537 Camden Road, Charlotte
- 5 to 7 p.m.: The El Lambet Trio playing favorite jazz tunes
2000 South Blvd, Charlotte
- 5 to 7 p.m.: Music by Queen City Suzuki: Ensemble Neveu
1930 Camden Road, Charlotte
- 7 to 9 p.m.: Live music by Harvey Cummings