Loch Norman Highland Games is is returning in 2023. This festival offers two days of fun and Scottish culture for the whole family.
It takes place at Historic Rural Hill, 4431 Neck Road, Huntersville, Saturday, April 15th, and Sunday, April 16th, 2023.
The festival will take place from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.
Loch Norman Highland Games doesn’t fall into the “free” category of events, and, for some, might not be in the “cheap” category, but it’s a hugely popular events, so we are including it so that you’ll have info.
Loch Norman Highland Games Activities and Events
The event includes:
- Highland dancing
- Bagpipe bands
- Highland athletics
- Giant kids’ zone
- Scottish merchants
- Celtic rock
- Traditional music
- Historic reenactments
- Scottish country dancing
- Sunday church services
- Hearth cooking
- NC beer and wine
- Whisky tastings
- Kilted running events
- Scottish clan societies
- Long bow shooting
- Blowgun shooting
- Battle axe showing
- 10:00 – 10:30 Ed Miller & Rich Brotherton
- 10:45 – 11:15 Jil Chambless & Scooter Muse
- 11:30 – 12:00 Piper Jones Band
- 12:15 – 12:45 Steel City Rovers
- 1:00 – 1:45 Ed Miller & Rich Brotherton
- 2:00 – 2:45 Piper Jones Band
- 3:00 – 3:45 Chambless & Muse
- 4:00 – 4:45 Steel City Rovers
Saturday Night Concert
- 6:30 – 7:30 Miller, Brotherton, Jil Chambless & Muse
- 7:45 – 8:30 Steel City Rovers
- 8:45 – 9:30 Piper Jones Band
- 10:30 – 11:30 Ed Miller & Rich Brothert
- 11:45 – 12:45 Jil Chambless & Scooter Muse
- 1:00 – 2:00 Piper Jones Band
- 2:15 – 3:15 Steel City Rovers
- 3:15 – Finale – Anything Goes
Tickets for Loch Norman Highland Games
These are the online prices.
- Early Bird Weekend Admission, ages 13+: $35
- Early Bird Saturday Admission, ages 13+: $25
- Early Bird Sunday Admission, ages 13+: $25
- Early Bird Weekend Admission, ages 5-12: $18
- Early Bird Saturday Admission, ages 5-12: $13
- Early Bird Sunday Admission, ages 5-12: $12
Parking at Loch Norman Highland Games
Check back soon for information on parking. In 2022, public parking was in three lots and was $5 each, cash only. There was an overflow parking lot, though, that one was free. FREE.
Camping at Loch Norman Highland Games
Camping is available at the Loch Norman Highland Games. The campground is across the street from the main festival site. You can walk to the festival or take the shuttle. Power is available to RV campers on a first come first serve basis. Water stations and restrooms are provided.
Camping tickets are sold only for both nights.
- Early Bird 2-day tent camping pass: $55
- Early Bird 2-day truck, popup and travel trailer camping: $80
Sales for early bird camping tickets end on February 28th, 2023.
Purchase a camping ticket here.
Hotels near Loch Norman Highland Games
If you want to stay in a hotel, make sure to book early, because this event draws a very large crowd. Look for a hotel that’s close to exit 23, 25, or 28 off I-77.
Here are three hotels recommended by Loch Norman Highland Games:
Comfort Suites Lake Norman
14510 Boulder Park Drive, Huntersville, NC, US, 28078
Exit 23 off I-77
19501 Statesville Rd
Cornelius, NC 28031
Exit 28 off I-77
Country Inn & Suites
16617 Statesville Road
Huntersville, NC 28078
Double-Check Before You Head Out!
We make every effort to make sure that everything on Charlotte on the Cheap is 100% accurate.
However, sometimes things change without notice, and we are not always notified. It's also possible that we can make a mistake.
Please verify all deals and events with the venue or organizer before you go.
Check out this list of the biggest spring festivals in Charlotte, or take a quick look at a list of upcoming festivals.