Jiggy with the Piggy Festival is a longstanding favorite in Kannapolis and returns Saturday, May 14th, 2022. It features music, a BBQ competition, rides, arts and crafts, a kids zone and more.
Please note that the Sammy Kershaw concert, which was planned for Friday, May 13th, as well as the other festivities on Friday, have been postponed because of the projected rain. The concert will take place July 15th.
Check out this big list of spring festivals in the Charlotte area!
It takes place in the North Carolina Research Campus Horseshoe, 150 N Research Campus Drive, Kannapolis.
The festival is free, but there are costs for food, rides, etc.
Rides are $2, or you can get a $10 wristband.
The festival hours are:
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Here’s the schedule for the festival, including some extras that you might want to plan for if you’re in Kannapolis for the festival.
Thursday, May 12th, 2022
- 4-7 p.m.: Kannapolis Farmers Market – corner of Dale Earnhardt Boulevard & Vance Avenue
- 6 p.m.: Thursdays on Main, a free concert, featuring New Local – Veterans Park
Friday, May 13th, 2022
Saturday, May 14th, 2022
- 9 a.m.: Jiggy Festival opens to the public. Food, arts and crafts, Kids Zone, carnival rides, more
- Noon to 2 p.m.: People’s Choice Pork tasting. 10 samples for $10
- 5 p.m.: Jiggy Festival closes
Sunday, May 15th, 2022
- 1 to 3 p.m.: Sunday Music Series, a free concert, featuring Side Step Deluxe, in Veterans Park, 119 N Main Street, Kannapolis.
Learn about all the spring festivals in Charlotte, or look at a quick list of upcoming festivals here: