JAARS is an organization that provides Bible translation to remote areas. The organization is headquartered at 7405 Jaars Road, Waxhaw.
Three times a year the organization holds JAARS Day, where the public can learn about what the organization does.
These are free events.
In 2019, the dates of JAARS Day:
- Saturday, March 9th, 2019
- Saturday, June 8th, 2019
- Saturday, October 12th, 2019
The time each day is 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
At JAARS Day you can:
- See how people get Internet in the rainforest
- Watch flight demos
- Record your voice into the JESUS film.
- Get an up-close look at Bible translation
- Learn why it relies on practical support like boats, 4WD and software
- Ride in a helicopter or a five-seat plane (not free)
- Admission: free
- Plane ride: $20
- Helicopter ride: $22
- Four-wheel-drive: $7
- Lunch: $6.50
To go on rides you’ll need to sign a waiver. And tickets for the rides are on a first-come, first-served basis and are limited, so if you’re interested in a ride, make sure to come early.