The Independent Picture House, at 4237 Raleigh Street, Charlotte, has launched its Community Impact Film Series, focused on timely issues and concerns that impact the people of Charlotte. It’s partnering with educators, non-profit organizations, and community groups to spark dialogue through the power of film.
The next Community Impact event focuses on women’s health. It takes place Saturday, May 13, 2023, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Women’s Health event will be an energetic gathering that’ll kick off with a morning movement class and brunch bites, a screening of 9 award-winning short films, a conversation with filmmakers and women’s health community leaders, and finally a marketplace showcasing resources in our city, women-owned businesses and art.
- 10 a.m.: Brunch bites and movement class
- 11 a.m.: Screening of (9) award-winning short films followed by panel discussion with filmmakers & women’s health community leaders
- 1 p.m. Pop-up of women-owned businesses, art, food and health resources
The short films:
- this Is Not a Love Letter
- Period. End of Sentence
- Tightly Wound
- Egg Day
- Hot Flash
- Black Birth
- Dangerous Curves
- Birth Control Your Own Adventure
The event is free and open the public.
Double-Check Before You Head Out!
We make every effort to make sure that everything on Charlotte on the Cheap is 100% accurate.
However, sometimes things change without notice, and we are not always notified. It's also possible that we can make a mistake.
Please verify all deals and events with the venue or organizer before you go.
You might also be interested in:
- Subscribing to Charlotte on the Cheap's email list
- Best skyline views in Charlotte for photos
- Best food and drink deals in Charlotte
- 50+ walks and hikes in and near Charlotte
- 5 cat cafes in Charlotte
- Resources for pet owners in Charlotte
- Free and cheap things to do this week
- Charlotte art museums, galleries and events
- Charlotte on the Cheap events calendar
- Charlotte area farmers markets