The Independent Picture House, at 4237 Raleigh Street, Charlotte, has launched its Community Impact Film Series, focused on timely issues and concerns that impact the people of Charlotte. It’s partnering with educators, non-profit organizations, and community groups to spark dialogue through the power of film.
The next Community Impact event focuses on women’s health. It takes place Saturday, May 13, 2023, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Women’s Health event will be an energetic gathering that’ll kick off with a morning movement class and brunch bites, a screening of 9 award-winning short films, a conversation with filmmakers and women’s health community leaders, and finally a marketplace showcasing resources in our city, women-owned businesses and art.
- 10 a.m.: Brunch bites and movement class
- 11 a.m.: Screening of (9) award-winning short films followed by panel discussion with filmmakers & women’s health community leaders
- 1 p.m. Pop-up of women-owned businesses, art, food and health resources
The short films:
- this Is Not a Love Letter
- Period. End of Sentence
- Tightly Wound
- Egg Day
- Hot Flash
- Black Birth
- Dangerous Curves
- Birth Control Your Own Adventure
The event is free and open the public.