The 59th Annual Festival in the Park will take place at Freedom Park, 1900 East Boulevard, from Friday, September 22, to Sunday, September 24, 2023.
It’s free to attend. Scroll down for the stage schedule.
Fall is looking great around Charlotte, whether you’re looking for something spooky or totally kid-friendly! Check out our HUGE list of fall festivals, a big list of Halloween parties, Trick or Treat events, and our list of pumpkin patches, haunted trails and corn mazes!
Entertainment will be provided on several stages. Check back soon for stage schedules and parking info!
More than 150 artists and artisans will be displaying and selling their work. Find a list of artists here.
There will also be plenty of food vendors, as well as family activities.
Hours of Festival:
- Friday, September 22: 4 to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, September 23: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday, September 24: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Family Fun Zone
Rides will be available in the Family Fun Zone, around the Freedom Park Locomotive. Rides include the Way Out Swing, the Rapid Slide, the Fun House, a trackless train and more.
Prices for tickets:
- 1 ticket: $1.50
- 5 tickets: $5
- 10 tickets: $10
- 15 tickets: $15
- 20 tickets: $20
Main Stage Schedule
- 7 to 9 p.m.: Nitara’s Love Notes
- 12 to 1:30 p.m.: Charlotte Pride Band
- 2 to 3 p.m.: Charlotte Youth Ballet
- 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.: Hope of Israel Dancers
- 7 to 9 p.m.: The Chain (Fleetwood Mac tribute)
- 12 to 1 p.m.: Munn & Dunn (acoustic duo)
- 2 to 3 p.m.: Youth Orchestras of Charlotte
- 4 to 5 p.m.: Luv N Harmony (gospel)
Folk Society Stage
- 4:00 – 4:30 p.m.: Paul Lover, Singer-Songwriter
- 4:30 – 5:00 p.m.: Mike Nolan, Singer-Songwriter
- 5:00 – 5:30 p.m.: CJ Sunshine, Singer-Songwriter
- 5:45 – 6:30 p.m.: Bob Webster Group – Americana
- 6:40 – 7:30 p.m.: Seth Peagler
- 7:40 – 8:25 p.m.: Secret Formula String Band – Old Time
- 8:35 – 9:00 p.m.: Leigh Snelling, Singer-Songwriter
- 10:15 – 10:45 a.m.: Jimmy Gilbert, Singer-Songwriter
- 10:45 – 11:15 a.m.: John Kirzan, Singer-Songwriter
- 11:15 – 11:45 a.m.: Michael Eldredge, Singer-Songwriter
- 11:45 – 12:15 p.m.: Tracy Simpson, Singer-Songwriter
- 12:30 – 1:15 p.m.: Mark Janney – Folk songs from ’50’s – ’70’s
- 1:25 – 2:15 p.m.: Acoustic Simmer – Folk; guitar and dulcimer
- 2:25 – 2:50 p.m.: Mike Alicke, Singer-Songwriter
- 3:00 – 3:45 p.m.: Shaky Alibis – Cover & original songs
- 4:05 – 5:05 p.m.: Men Standing for Christ – Gospel Ensemble
- 5:20 – 6:00 p.m.: P.J. Brunson, Singer-Songwriter
- 6:10 – 6:50 p.m.: Carolina Classic Cloggers
- 7:00 – 7:45 p.m.: Rob McHale Variety Singer/Songwriter
- 8:00 – 9:00 p.m.: A Sign of the Times Quartet
- 10:15 – 10:45 a.m.: Jackson Harden, Singer-Songwriter
- 10:45 – 11:15 a.m.: Anna Haller, Singer-Songwriter
- 11:15 – 11:45 a.m.: LorieAnn Dalley, Singer-Songwriter
- 12:00 – 12:45 p.m.: Sugar Creek Bluegrass Band
- 1:00 – 1:30 p.m.: Maha Gingrich – Dances of India
- 1:40 – 2:05 p.m.: Louis Beeler, Singer-Songwriter
- 2:15 – 3:00 p.m.: Kinfolk Old Time Band
- 3:10 – 3:40 p.m.: Paul Maxwell, Singer-Songwriter
- 3:40 – 4:05 p.m.: Herschel Lee Brown, Singer-Songwriter
- 4:10 – 5:00 p.m.: Mint Hill Jammers – Fiddles & Banjos
We Rock Youth Stage
- 4 p.m.: DJ Backspinz Kickoff Party
- 5 p.m.: babyPUNK – a fun group class for babies, toddlers and kids! Experience a baby moshpit, mom surfing, tattoos and kazoos!
- 6 p.m.: Renaissance West STEAM Academy – Dance Performance
- 7 p.m.: Opera Carolina’s Academy Chorus
- 7:45 p.m.: Open Door Studios
- 11 a.m.: babyPUNK – a fun group class for babies, toddlers and kids! Experience a baby moshpit, mom surfing, tattoos and kazoos!
- 11:30 a.m.: DJ Backspinz – Spinning all day between sets!
- 12 p.m.: The Brazilian Arts Project – Martial Arts Demonstration
- 12:30 p.m.: Sahasra Anumolu, Pianist
- 1 p.m.: Charlotte Mecklenburg Library’s Frontline Puppeteers
- 2 p.m.: Endless, Nameless – Teen Rock/Metal Band
- 3 p.m.: Kingston Price – Child Prodigy plays the drums!
- 3:30 p.m.: The Band Henna – Teen Rock/Pop Band
- 4 p.m.: BreatheINK – Teen Poetry Slam
- 4:30 p.m.: Official Twin Power – Teen Acoustic Duo
- 5:15 p.m.: We Rock Charlotte Kids Band – Pop and Rock hits by kid musicians!
- 5:45 p.m.: We Rock Charlotte Teen Band – Pop and Rock hits by teen musicians
- 6:15 p.m.: We Rock Charlotte Voices – Pop and Rock hits by kids and teens
- 7:00 p.m.: We Rock Charlotte Teacher Band – Witness the magic of our We Rock Charlotte teachers performing!
- 11 a.m.: Charlotte Mecklenburg Library’s Frontline Storytellers
- 11:30 a.m.: DJ Backspinz – Spinning all day between sets!
- 12 p.m.: babyPUNK – a fun group class for babies, toddlers and kids! Experience a baby moshpit, mom surfing, tattoos and kazoos!
- 1 p.m.: Next Generation of Hope – Israeli Dance
- 2 p.m.: Sipjin Taekwondo – Martial Arts Demonstration
Other entertainment includes a children’s art area by Small Hands Big Art, and performances by Carolina Clowns.
Parking at Festival in the Park
Parking is available on Friday after 5 p.m., and all day Saturday and Sunday:
- Parking Lots are cash only
- Atrium Health Myers Park (GPS location: East Blvd. Charlotte, NC @ South Kings Dr.)
- Atrium Health gravel lot (GPS location: East Blvd. Charlotte, NC)
- Limited parking is available for $10 at Atrium Health Myers Park, located directly across from the Freedom Park entrance in the 1900 block of East Boulevard. Patrons are also encouraged to consider a ride share service, such as Uber or Lyft, with recommended drop off points at 2435 Cumberland Avenue or 1600 Princeton Avenue.
- Discovery Place Nature (GPS location: 1658 Sterling Road, Charlotte, NC)
- Cost is $10 per car.
- Accessible parking for individuals who have disabilities is available on a first come first serve basis at the Freedom Park lot on East Blvd. Vehicles must display either a NC DMV issued disability placard or license plate to enter and park.
Please consider ride-share. Recommended drop-off points are 2435 Cumberland Avenue and 1600 Princeton Avenue.
Whatever you do, please be considerate of neighbors. Do not block their driveways and park on their property.
Check out this list of the biggest fall festivals and Halloween events in Charlotte (or just keep reading for a list of upcoming festivals.)