UNC Charlotte Botanical Gardens, 9090 Craver Road, provides the setting for Fairies in the Forest, a summer solstice celebration on Friday, June 21st, 2019, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
It’s free, but a $10 donation to the Gardens is suggested.
Have your little ones wear their wings. The gardens will be providing magic of its own–flowers, forests, fluttery things, sips of fairy nectar, and the longest daylight of the year.
Special guest Nightshade the Fairy will be there for your family to meet.
Here’s some of what’s going on:
- You are welcome to bring dinner to eat at the picnic tables.
- Shop at The Elfin Emporium for handmade floral wands and magical necklaces.
- Professional photographers will be available. The cost is $25 for a 15 minute shoot, including one edited digital file. Cash only. Sign up at the photo shoot site. First come, first served.
- Listen to fairy tales in the Harwood Garden and make a special winged craft.
- Watch as scientists catch and release moths and other night flyers. Learn about the winged things in The Gardens.
Parking at UNC Charlotte Botanical Gardens is limited. There are only 5 visitor spaces located at the greenhouse while the rest of the lot is reserved for UNC Charlotte handicap permit holders.
Visitor parking is located at East Deck 1 and the Union Deck. Find these decks on the campus parking map. Both decks are a six-minute walk from the McMillan Greenhouse with parking fees of $5 for the first hour and $2 each additional hour.
No strollers or dogs, please.