Dolly Parton announced on her Facebook page that she will begin reading stories for children, every Thursday night at 7 p.m.
The story time event begins on Thursday, April 2nd, 2020, and is scheduled for the next 10 weeks, through June 4th.
Dolly will read the stories while snuggled in her own bed, wearing pajamas. The books have all been chosen carefully for content that is appropriate for the times.
Don’t forget: if you have children under five, you can sign them up to receive a free book every month, through Dolly Party’s Imagination Library.
Books that might be among the ones that Dolly Parton will be reading each Thursday night include:
- “There’s a Hole in the Log on the Bottom of the Lake” by Loren Long
- “Llama Llama Red Pajama” by Anna Dewdney
- “I Am a Rainbow” by Dolly Parton
- “Pass It On” by Sophy Henn
- “Stand Tall, Molly Lou Mellon” by Patty Lovell
- “Violet the Pilot” by Steve Breen
- “Max & The Tag-Along Moon” by Floyd Cooper
- “Last Stop on Market Street” by Matt de la Peña
- “Coat of Many Colors” by Dolly Parton
- “The Little Engine That Could” by Watty Piper
More virtual events
Check out our big list of upcoming virtual events for kids, or look at a few of them here:
Wednesday, January 27, 2021