Dads get into Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens for free, in honor of Father’s Day, on Saturday, June 15th, 2019, and Sunday, June 16th.
Both days the Garden will be open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and there will be family activities 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., including:
- Corn hole
- Lunch for purchase
- Beer for purchase
- Friday, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Jade Moore
- Saturday, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m: Old Man Mafia
Family activities offered include:
- An obstacle course and craft for the kids from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The Butterfly Bungalow, a pollinators’ paradise abundant in fluttering butterflies native to North Carolina and a colorful display of their favorite plants, will also be open to explore for $3 per guest or $2 per member.
- Guests will enjoy the beauty of Grandiflora: Gamrath Glass by Day, featuring dozens of larger-than-life botanical glass sculptures by Seattle-based artist Jason Gamrath.
- Guests can also join a member of the Garden’s horticulture team for a free (included with admission) Horticulture Highlight Walk on Saturday, June 15 at 1 p.m. to learn more about what’s in bloom, seasonally relevant gardening tips and more.