January 25th and 26th are going to be the busiest days of the year when it comes to art and culture, thanks to ASC’s Connect with Culture Days. Art workshops, dance classes, concerts, and much more will be taking place in every corner of Charlotte-Mecklenburg. And what’s more, it’s all free.
Now in its fifth year, ASC’s Connect with Culture Days provides an opportunity for residents and visitors to sample and connect with all the great arts, science and history experiences that the area has to offer. This year’s event also celebrates ASC’s 60th and Charlotte’s 250th anniversaries.
“This year’s Connect with Culture Days will provide nearly 80 free, diverse, high-quality cultural experiences across Charlotte and Mecklenburg County,” said ASC President Robert Bush. “Offering these arts, science and history experiences close to home is one of the ways ASC is helping make the cultural community more accessible.”
Last year’s Connect with Culture Days, on Jan. 26-27, 2018, saw more than 11,000 people participate.
New this year: Community spaces from Davidson to Ballantyne will become “arts and cultural hubs”, making it easier for residents to experience diverse events in one place. The 13 hubs are:
- University City/Mallard Creek at Camino Community Center (201 Stetson Drive, Charlotte 28262)
- East Charlotte at Charlotte Museum of History (3500 Shamrock Drive, Charlotte 28215)
- Northwest Charlotte at Northwest School of the Arts (1415 Beatties Ford Road, Charlotte 28216)
- South Charlotte at Sam Lerner Center at Foundation of Shalom Park (5007 Providence Road, Charlotte 28270)
- Mint Hill at Dunamis Church (9229 Lawyers Road, Charlotte 28227)
- Pineville at Pineville Elementary School (204 Lowry Street, Pineville 28134)
- Southwest Charlotte at Nations Ford Road Elementary School (7050 Nations Ford Road, Charlotte 28217)
- North End at Sugar Creek Church of Christ (3932 Sofley Road, Charlotte 28206)
- West Charlotte at Barringer Academic Center (1546 Walton Road, Charlotte 28208)
- Steele Creek at Central Steele Creek Presbyterian Church (9401 S. Tryon Street, Charlotte 28273)
- Cornelius at Cornelius Town Hall (21445 Catawba Avenue, Cornelius, 28031)
- Ballantyne at Morrison YMCA (9504 Bryant Farms Road, Charlotte 28277)
- Center City at various cultural organizations
You can look forward to:
- Free admission to Charlotte Museum of History, Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, Mint Museums of Art, and more museums around Charlotte.
- Children’s Theatre of Charlotte’s Judy Moody & Stink – The Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Treasure Hunt (tickets are limited)
- A musical petting zoo with Charlotte Symphony
- Storytime with a Ballerina, presented by Charlotte Ballet
- Performance by A Sign of the Times
- Puppet show by Red Herring Puppets
- Ukulele Sip & Strum with Arts+
- Slam poetry workshop for teens with Bluz
- Much more