Journey to Italy without leaving Matthews at Ciao Italia Matthews. On Sunday, September 24, 2023, from 12 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., head to Stumptown Park, 120 S Trade Street, Matthews, North Carolina, for an immersive Italian afternoon and evening.
This is a free event.
Enjoy Italian food, wine, gelato and pastries while strolling musicians playing the mandolin, accordion and violin set the mood.
There will be a live demonstration on stage where you can watch a chef show how to make pasta from scratch.
Sculptor Peter Rubino will create a 200-pound clay sculpture live on stage, choreographed to music.
There will be a car show with exotic Italian cars, a Frank Sinatra tribute band, opera and popular Italian songs, a pianist playing “Italian ragtime” and more.
As a finale, Opera Carolina, accompanied by the Opera Carolina Orchestra, will perform some of opera’s greatest hits.
Follow Ciao Italia Matthews on Facebook for updates.
- 12 to 12:30 p.m.: Strolling musicians
- 1 to 1:30 p.m.: Musica Nostra: Instrumental Trio
- 1:30 to 2 p.m.: Ethan and Henry Uslan (piano and saxophone)
- 2 to 2:30 p.m.: Pasta Making with Raffaele Patrizi
- 2:30 to 3 p.m.: Strolling musicians
- 3 to 3:30 p.m.: Gio Dynamics performance
- 3:45 to 4:15 p.m.: Joe Santa performance
- 4:30 to 5 p.m.: Musica Nostra
- 5 to 5:30 p.m.: Ethan and Henry Uslan (piano and saxophone)
- 5:30 p.m.: Gio Dynamics performance
- 6 to 6:30 p.m.: Joey Santo performs songs from the Great American Songbook
- 6:45 to 7 p.m.: Sculpture performance
- 7 to 7:15 p.m.: Speaker from Consulate — Valentina Cecchi
- 7:15 to 7:30 p.m.: Learn Italian with Sara Faddade
- 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.: Grand Finale Performance with Opera Carolina
Check out this list of the biggest fall festivals and Halloween events in Charlotte (or just keep reading for a list of upcoming festivals.)