Charlotte StrEATs Festival is a two-day celebration of Charlotte’s food and beverage scene, on April 15th and 16th, 2023. It’s part of Charlotte SHOUT!, which takes place March 31st to April 16th, 2023.
Charlotte StrEATs takes place at Gateway Village, 900 W Trade Street, Charlotte, NC.
Leading up to Charlotte StrEATs will be StrEATs Smarts from April 1st to 14th, 2023, at various locations. These are intimate seminars on subjects such as wine, gardening and cooking.
Charlotte StrEATs Festival is hosted by Unpretentious Palate and Carben Events.
Check out this big list of spring festivals in the Charlotte area!
There are three main components to Charlotte StrEATs:
- StrEATs Smarts: April 1st to 14th, 2023, various locations. Ticketed events.
- StrEATs Tasting Tour: April 15th, 2023, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Gateway Village. Ticketed event.
- Charlotte StrEATs Festival: April 16th, 2023, 12 to 5 p.m., at Gateway Village. Free event. (Pay for food.)
Charlotte StrEATs Tasting Tour
On Saturday, April 15th, 2023, at Gateway Village, festival-goers taste their way through twelve of Charlotte’s iconic neighborhoods. This ticketed, age 21+ event includes tastes from 20 restaurants, cooking demonstrations, craft cocktails from Charlotte mixologists, and live music.
Tickets start at $75.
Participating restaurants an their neighborhoods:
- Uptown: Mariposa and Sea Level NC
- South End: Bardo and Chapter 6
- West Charlotte: Crav’n Caribbean
- East Charlotte: Letty’s on Shamrock and Manolo’s Bakery
- SouthPark: Renaissance Pâtisserie and Southern Pecan Gulf Coast Kitchen
- North Charlotte: Azucar Cuban Restaurant and Plant Joy
- NoDa: Haberdish and The Artisan’s Palate
- Dilworth: 300 East
- Elizabeth: Customshop
- Myers Park: The Jimmy
- Plaza Midwood: Supperland
- Belmont: Sweet Lew’s BBQ and The Culture Shop
Charlotte StrEATs Festival
This is the main event! It’s free to attend and takes place Sunday, April 16th, 2023, from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m., at Gateway Village.
The festival will feature the area’s top local food and beverage vendors, a celebrity Food Network chef, cooking demonstrations, live music, art, and more. Wristbands will be available if you want to participate in the craft cocktail tasting.
Attendees can purchase food from the food truck lineup: Jon G’s BBQ, Katsu Kart, Another Food Truck, Ve-Go Food Truck and Soul Gastrolounge Food Truck.
There will also be a Neighborhood Cook-off, curated by The Plaid Penguin! These battles will pit chefs head-to-head in a cook-off to win the title of StrEATs Neighborhood Champion.
Check out this list of the biggest fall festivals and Halloween events in Charlotte (or just keep reading for a list of upcoming festivals.)