Charlotte Christmas Market will return to Charlotte, but at a new location: 7th Street & N. Tryon Street, from Thanksgiving Day, November 22nd, 2018, through Christmas Eve.
The German-inspired market will include gift booths, a German bakery, bratwursts, live entertainment, trivia games and much more. Santa will be visiting the village and parents can take pictures of their kids with Santa for free. Scroll down for a schedule for Santa, music and more.
The official Uptown Tree is now at Charlotte Christmas Village, and the Tree Lighting takes place Thursday, November 29th, 2018, at 5:30 p.m. It’s free to attend.
At the Uptown Tree Lighting:
- Music by members of Charlotte Symphony
- Music by choirs
- Dancing by children
- Take photos with ACC Mascots
The village will be open:
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays: 11 am to 7 pm
- Thursdays through Saturdays: 11 am to 9 pm
- Sundays: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Mondays: Closed
Santa Visits at Charlotte Christmas Village
Bring your own camera to take pictures of your kids, your dog, your friends or yourself with Santa. It’s free!
- Thanksgiving Day 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 23rd: 12:30 pm. to 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, December 21st: 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Every Saturday, 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Every Sunday, 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Christmas Eve: 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Some special events at Charlotte Christmas Village
Subject to change. Check schedule.
Friday, November 23rd, 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.: The Will Campbell Trio
Saturday, November 24th, 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.: The Will Campbell Trio
Sunday, November 25th, 1 p.m.: Queen City Juvenile Pipes and Drum Band
Thursday, November 29th, 5:30 p.m.: Uptown Christmas Tree Lighting
Thursday, November 29th, 7:30 p.m.: Ugly Sweater Contest to benefit the Jamie Kimble Foundation for Courage
Friday, November 30th, 6 p.m.: Sweetgrass Serenade
Saturday, December 1st:
- 3 p.m.: Myers Park HS Bluegrass Band
- 5 p.m.: King’s Carolers
- 7 p.m.: Classical Christmas
Sunday, December 2nd: We Love Books Day
- 2 p.m.: Charleszetta Smith Ford, author
- 2:30pm: Santa Reads
- 3 p.m.: Story Time with Mrs. Claus
Friday, December 7th, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.: Tim Scott, Jr. Trio
Saturday, December 8th:
- 2 p.m.: Queen City Juvenile Pipes and Drum Band
- 7 p.m.: Natalie Royal, Charlotte Favorite
Sunday, December 9th, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.: Overdue Bluegrass Band
Thursday, December 13th, 7 p.m.: Charlotte Little Opera Company
Friday, December 14th, 6:30 p.m.: Frankfurt Wheelbarrow
Saturday, December 15th:
- 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.: Bob Wilusz
- 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.: Carolina Camaraden
Sunday, December 16th, 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.: Bob Wilusz
Friday, December 21st, 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.: The Will Campbell Trio
Saturday, December 22nd, 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.: The Will Campbell Trio
Sunday, December 23rd, 1 p.m.: Messiah Lutheran Church Choir & Handbells
More holiday events in the Charlotte area
7th Street and N. Tryon Street