The weekend of April 17th to 19th, 2020, BOOM will take over Plaza Midwood. This festival is an artist-led showcase of experimental and contemporary visual and performance art and is described as a weekend of art, performance and the unexpected. There will be activities and performances for all ages.
The hours of BOOM are:
- Friday: 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday: 1 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Sunday: 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
At this fringe festival, artists are free to experiment and break with tradition.
Events at venues in Plaza Midwood will be ticketed, at $10, but there will also be free events outside at the Intersection Stage, which is at 1920 Commonwealth Avenue.
Check back soon for a list of venues, artists, and the schedule for the Intersection Stage.
Here are the artists that have been announced so far:
- TRAPT (Theatre/music)
- Tyrone Burston (Standup comedy)
- Rae Mariah MacCarthy (Performance art/theatre)
- Watershed Dance Theatre (Dance)
- Jordan Bailey (Spoken word/theatre)
- Sarah Council Dance Projets (Dance)
- Luvleeh Poetiklocks & Lady V Poetry (Spoken word/performance art)
- Kizza (Theatre/spoken word/music)
- Buckets an Tap Shoes (Dance/performance arts)
- Ballet International Africans (Dance/theatre)
More upcoming festivals
Saturday, February 29, 2020
Saturday, March 7, 2020
Saturday, March 14, 2020
Sunday, March 15, 2020
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
Saturday, March 28, 2020
Thursday, April 2, 2020
Friday, April 3, 2020
Saturday, April 4, 2020
Sunday, April 5, 2020
Saturday, April 11, 2020
Friday, April 17, 2020
Saturday, April 18, 2020
Sunday, April 19, 2020