Blumenthal Performing Arts has a new way to encourage you to try out a new show or artist without committing a big chunk of your budget up front.
We Show Up allows you to pay a small reservation fee ($5 plus tax) and then pay what you think the show as worth–after you attend.
Here’s how it works:
- Set up your We Show Up Account. Enter your payment information.
- Pick a show. You can see participating shows here.
- Reserve your spot for your chosen show in We Show Up (for $5 plus tax)
- Show up! Bring your phone to the event and show your digital voucher at the box office.
- After the show you’ll get an email asking you how much you want to pay. It’s up to you!
Always check We Show Up to see the current list of participating shows.
At the time of this article, these are the participating shows:
- April 19: SlamCharlotte Poetry Slam
- May 1: Camille Thurman with The Darrell Green Trio and special guest Wynton Marsalis
- May 2: Havana Nights with Gino Castillo & the Cuban Cowboys
- May 3: Ladies Sing the Blues, featuring the Donna Hopkins Band, Deva Mahal and Maria Muldaur
- May 3: Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra Presents Wynton Marsalis’ Spaces
- May 4: Saturday Morning Jazz Brew
- May 4: Gentlemen of Jazz featuring Jazz at Lincoln Center’s Paul Nedzela, Kenny Rampton and Carlos Henriquez
- May 5: Sweet Honey In The Rock
- May 5: Davina and The Vagabonds
- May 6: The New Respects
- May 7: Raul Midón
- May 8: Con Brio
- May 8: Manual Cinema: No Blue Memories
- May 9: What Fresh Hell: Laughing in the Face of Motherhood – Live Podcast
- May 10: SHOUT! Out: Charlotte Hip Hop