Put your hot dog eating skills to the test at the Hot Dot Eating Contest at World of Beer at the EpiCentre, 210 East Trade Street.
The contest takes place on Friday, July 19th, 2019, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., just two days after National Hot Dog Day. See all the National Hot Dog Day deals and events here.
It costs $5 to enter the contest. Sign up on Eventbrite (at above link.) The $5 will be collected at the event.
The 1st place winner will receive $100 cash and prizes. The 2nd place winner gets $50 and prizes.
There will be fun giveaways from Wicked Weed Brewing, and World of Beer will be featuring Wicked Weed Watermelon Dragonfruit Burst.
Official rules of the hot dog eating contest:
- Eat as many hot dogs as you can, in entirety, in 10 minutes.
- Contestants are allowed to have a non-alcoholic drink of choice during contest.
- Contestants may dunk the hot dog and bun for ease of eating in completion.
- If time runs out contestants will have 20 seconds to finish what is in their mouth
- Any portion left will not be counted
- If there is a tie there will be a 2 minute “eat off.”
- Any contestant who gets sick will be disqualified.