Charlotte Mecklenburg Library and VisArt Video are partnering for a book club called Who Told It Best: Book Vs. Film?
Read the book and then watch the movie at VisArt Video, 3104 Eastway Drive, Charlotte, NC, and engage in discussion about the book and film. Admission is free and so is the popcorn!
There are selections for adults and for kids. At the kids’ events, there will be a story-time and activities.
Schedule of Who Told It Best: Book vs. Film? Adult Selections
These takes place Sundays from 3 to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, November 26, 2023: Fried Green Tomatoes (1991)
- Sunday, December 17, 2023: The Wizard of Oz (1939)
- Sunday, January 28, 2024: The Shining (1980)
- Sunday, February 25, 2024: Silver Lining PlayBook (2012)
- Sunday, March 31, 2024: The Help (2011)
- Sunday, April 28, 2024: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)
- Sunday, May 26, 2024: Blade Runner (1982)
Schedule of Who Told It Best: Book vs. Film? Kids
These take place Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Saturday, November 18, 2023: Where the Wild Things Are (2009)
- Saturday, February 24, 2024: Shrek (2001)
- Saturday, April 20, 2024: Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax (2012)
Upcoming Events in the Charlotte areaCheck out our full events calendar, where you can enter any date, or look at the events for the next few days here:
Saturday, December 9, 2023
Sunday, December 10, 2023
Monday, December 11, 2023